1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Akshaya Tridhiyai!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

dear Chitra
    So now you understand my obssession with palli(lizard)? You said palli(school) and my one-track mind read it as Palli(liz!)
    sri

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir,

I have had lizards fall at my head more than a couple of times. Since I am alive, all those unlucky lizards who fell on me must have by now reached their karmic destination. I have also had lizard droppings fall on my head.

You must go out and check the shops this year. I am sure there will be some enterprising people who will be selling lizards for the benefit of all those folks who are misfortunate to not sight one in their home walls. People will soon stop mobbing the gold shops and start running behind the Palli traders. Just like how Nalli Silks became famous, Palli Stores will also become a landmark.

In a matter of 6 months, one of the lizard traders will be featured in the Forbes Millionaire list. Along with Premji and Ambani, our lizard trader will appear in CNBC and will be invited to deliver a lecture at Harvard Business School. But PETA and Blue Cross will start holding demonstrations and campaigns saying that home lizards are going extinct and the lizard trader's business should be sealed. Now BJP and RSS will call this anti Indian. A bill will be introduced in parliament to stop lizard sales. The bill will be debated for more than five years and will be sent to the SC to decide. In the mean time, the sweet shop will continue to issue ad's and people will continue to buy alternatives like Gaiko's, Chameleons etc etc. While prosperity may or may not rain in the lizard buyer's homes, thanks to that advertisement, atleast one man will have akshayam for ever.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl..............
    Dear Nivedi...........Honestly, I have a hurting tummy and teary eyes reading this feedback of yours!
    Take up humorous writing 'seriously' dear gal!

L, Kamla

4. Cheeniya

Dear Nivedi
    Sonia Gandhi and I were the two most worried people of the country till yesterday. The cause for our worry was the succession issue. While Sonia continues to split her hair in trying to find a solution, I appear to be more blessed. Out of the blue comes a FB to one of my old and forgotten threads which has made the lead post pale into insignificance! And that settles my succession worry once and for all. Thou shalt continue my Ramblings for posterity!
    That FB of yours is very much like the stuff the late Arch Buchwald used to write. This is satire in its purest form. I feel so elated that my thread could elicit such an eminently readable and outstangly funny FB!
    Step in, my successor Nivedi!:bowdown
    Sri

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    I'm also a latecomer like you. But I feel late comers are most benifited as they go through the FBs, as some of them are more rib tickling like the one by Nivedi.
    Love,
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Cheenia,
    Glad that you have found your successor. But no one can beat you in ramblings and if you do not start threads like the one like Akshaya thrithiyai and connect it to AGS and lizards, I wonder whether we could get FBS like the ones who are getting now. Keep posting more and more so that we all could enjoy!
    Daily in the morning when I go to light the gas stove, there waits a lizard greeting me! Seeing the palli on Akshaya thrithiyai for goodies is still valid or it was only for the particular year?
    Those who are afraid of lizards falling on the body and bad omens of their clucking noise,could visit Kanchi Varadarajar temple and touch the golden Viyamalikai palli to avoid its falling effects on our body also. When we were small there was no gate collection, but now it is in a grill cage and we have to pay some amount to touch it. About lizard's dropping, people say that the part will get affected by Akki, affecting the skin. So beware of lizards!
    Love,
    PS

7. Cheeniya

Dear PS
    I have no intention of stopping my rambling in the near future and the succession will take effect when I run out of ideas! There is a big tree behind the Brahadeeswara Temple in Thanjavur which has some ancient lizards. Nobody knows how old they are and some even say that they are contemporaries of Raja Raja Chola! They are huge and scary with their 'unseeing' eyes.
    Lizard sighting is reported to be auspicious on all Akshaya Tridiyais. I prefer sitting at home looking for a lizard on that day than joining the nightlong queue in front of GR Thanga Maaligai! Strangely the non Hindu owned Jewel Shops advertise more about Akshaya Tridiyai than the Hindu ones!
    In all these 65 years of my life , I have successfully managed to be at a safe distance from lizards barring a solitary encounter with one and so have not had the blessing of their droppings of which I hear for the first time!
    Sri

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Let me tell u one thing.I used to admire the columnist " Busybee" in the evening papers of Mumbai.He used to be very funny, and many bought thios paper, just for his article.

If u were to write for a news paper, that one would be a big hit.Your sense of humour is superb, as well as the flow of yr pen,and u can even make a poor lizard a lovable pet.HAHA.Well written and i a m smiling all the way.

You reminded me of an incident.Once a lizard fell in my half eaten plate,and everyone around was horrified and thought that was inauspicious and i am soon to to conk off.But 20 yrs after the incident i am hale and hearty.

Regards.kamal

9. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    Busy Bee used to be my hot favourite too. He was a prolific writer and made us laugh and think. There could be no one like him.
    I want you to know that all the predictions connected with lizards are meant for lizards , not for us. I am sure that the lizard conked before you had your post dinner mouthwash!
    Sri

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Thank you Kamla and Pushpa Ma'am.

Cheeniya Sir - I feel very honoured to be considered as your successor. But like what Pushpa Ma'am said, your ramblings are special. They spur the imagination of a jester like me.