1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Akshaya Tridhiyai!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi
    I feel truly happy to receive a word of appreciation from an upcoming celebrity of IL like you .Encouragement like this wants me to write more!
    Sr

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Cheeniya, I too am here! Yes, late but latest!!

What can I say...I don't know what enjoyed more, your Akshaya Tridhiyai or the responses in this thread!

Humor begets humor and good writing seems to beget excellently written responses:)

Now coming to the lizards...the sleepless nights I spent in my in-law's place on my vacations wondering if the 'huge' ones up there on the ceiling or around the whirling fans will fall on me or my baby are fit to write a eulogy of those bygone days! Alas, a response to your thread should suffice my writng abilities:)

A nice one which as usual did not fail in bringing smiles to my face. Luck or no luck, I shall pass on this creature of fortune!

L, Kamla

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    A big fat lzard just above the whirling ceiling fan is the biggest thriller of life. Whenever I get confronted by a lizard in such a position, I become as immobile as the lizard itself. I try to raise my legs ready to run but they wont move. I wave frantically at the lizard but its unseeing eys just ignores me. I try to shout for help and I suddenly realise that I have swallowed my tongue and is stuck at the throat. It is as if you can see your body lying motionless there but can do nothing about making it get up and run!
    The lizard may be going through similar emotions but will never show them!
    And i hate such passive emotionless creatures!
    sri

4. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya Sir,

As usual your post is superb. I have also heard about all the superstitions linked with the lizards, but the Akshaya thrithiya one is new. In my house also there is no dearth for lizards and I do not remember whether I saw one or not.

How can you quote rom P.G. so effortlessly? Do you have the books on your table? It is a long time since I really enjoyed a good laugh reading one of them.

Regards,

Abha.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Abha
    PGW to me is like the Bible for the devout Christian! If i have a sense of humour, I owe it to him. I am sometimes accused of taking everything lightly because of my lightheartedness! But honestly, tell me Abha, is there a better way of crossing this ocean of life than by the unsinkable fibreglass boat of humour?
    sri

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I am wondering if i will sleep without dreaming of lizards.....not to mention the adai, avial and the akshaya thritiya and Grand sweets! oh oh, already getting jumbled up, lets see what happens nmy dreams!:mrgreen:

all said and done enjoyed the your trail from the sweet hop to AT to lizards....humourous article. But you should be happy that at least on one day u did not see ur lizards....and instead of celebrating you have gone searching and reading literature on that....
    Or what do say ,maybe the lizards started this , just their way of marketing so that their breed stays for an eternity! and no one will run , jump or shriek anymore and fall on their knees to pray!:yes:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    Let me share a secret with you. I have a morbid fear of this domestic reptile and whenever I read about the flying lizards of South America, I look at the Heavens thankfully for sparing me the terror of flying lizards. If in spite of staying glued to the walls, they can frighten me to death, what if they start flying?
    I used to be so obssessed with them that I failed in my biology paper once at a mid-school exam because I wrote about a lizard in my answer to a question on tooth! (Pallin padam varaindhu bagangalai kurikka was the question and I wrote about Palli!)
    Sri

8. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Having ready the article only now - I can only add to the comments by others - I enjoy your ramblings.

I can understand your fear for anything starting with Palli........................:wink:

Keep them coming.

9. Cheeniya

Dear Chitra
    Your 'starting with palli' made me ask myself why start with palli and why not end with it! Then the logical question followed. What about other alphabets? I shall make a list of things that I am afraid of and arrange them alphabetically. Could be a good subject matter for a new post!
    Sri

10. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I meant pallikoodathil - pallin varaipadam ...........

But I look forward to your list of things too -- with unlimited curiousity