1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Akshaya Tridhiyai!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheer
    Superstitions should not make any sense. If they do, they will cease to be superstitions! :)
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Anjana
    Good thing that lizards cant leap like a frog! If they could, there would be a great leaping contest between you and them!
    All God's creatures, say our elders, are objects of worship! But I have this problem about prostrating before them. If they are stuck to the walls, I can do it easily but what if they are on our ceiling?
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Neelima
    There is only one way we can die if lizards fall on our head and that is only through fright! I know that some people, including the undersigned, are mortally scared of lizards and if they are of weak heart, a lizard falling on the head can precipitate a heart attack!
    My wife makes such a noise whenever a lizard falls on her and that gives me greater fright than the lizard itself!
    Sri

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Oh, you made my day today, by revealing to me, that, yesterday my day was made, unknowingly !:tongue
    Superstitions? - who is bothered whether to believe or not ?
    Believe when it suits you.
    Do not believe when it goes "ulta".
    Coming to the A T topic, yesterday, early in the morning when I entered the bathroom, to brush my teeth, a lizard, a standard fixture there (next only to the fittings already there) greeted me ! I did not reciprocate the sound as you have written, because I don't believe in superstition !
    Believe me, I saw it again in the night ! It is there every night to wish me goodnight. Whether V & me wish eachother or skip, the lizard & me, never miss this ritual !!
    How lucky I have been, this A T day !
    May Grand Sweets reach greater heights in prosperous business for having made this mundane routine for me, a blessing from the heaven in disguise !
    And, for revealing this to me ( I seem to have missed out on the advt), I tell you that I am generous enough to share the punyam with you !

You literally "ooze" humour, Sri !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    So you found out which stall it was that I was referring to! It came in Adyar times. Now they have stopped advertising much because they are unable to cope with the crowd! They have even added a mini restaurant where they serve adai and cheettinad paniyaram!
    I am happy that my brand of humour has passed muster with you!
    Sri

6. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    Do not wait in the queue, a l...o...n...g one, at G S to buy Chettinad paniyaram.
    Come home & relish Chitvish paniyaram !
    Appuram G S pakkam thalaiye vaikka mattel !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Neelima... from your post I gather that you haven't visited the flourishing land of FL... Please do visit us whenever you feel that emptiness in your life due to the lack of reptiles. Just the bug/reptile species exceeds 400 varieties. It sure is a survival of the fittest. You'd find not only different sizes in the lizard family but they also come in varied spectra! :-D

Sri, if you ever run outta reptiles in that farm just let us know although we can't ship them due to conservation laws, we sure can get you pictures of them & am sure they will be as powerful in the photo as in reality to bestow prosperity to everyone! :2thumbsup:

Mrs.C, am I invited too?? I'm already drooling...

8. Chitvish

Dear Lavanya,
    Don't waste time drooling - come home & straight away "attack" !
    My adai has been very much appreciated by I L ites - shall I get that ready with avial too ?
    I am ready - are you ready ?
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Sri, I invite you too for adai-avial as well !

9. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

If you can share your adai/avial with me, I shall be your slave!! Can't wait to come to Madras then I can bring my folks to your place too... oh did I mention that I invite myself to people's home!! So don't even bother to call me, I'll be there!! :-D

10. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    I used to be a great lover of adai and vellam but after eating one at Sangeetha I have become allergic to adai! My God, it was of the size of a tractor tyre and since I hate wasting food, I managed to finish it with great difficulty. At the end of this eating marathon, my eyes, seeing that the adai had occupied all the available space inside my body, literally tried to come out of their sockets!
    The bearer gently reprimanded me saying, "sir, I knew this would happen even when u ordered for it after consuming a potato bonda!"
    Ideal adai must be not more than 5" in diameter!
    Sri