1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 8 Year Old Girl Shows Attitude...help Pls..

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Mar 12, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have always tried to communicate the right things and how to be respectful/kind and at the same time to stand up and have an opinion etc.Also,I am firm when I need to be and easy at times.

My girl loves me and she is usually nice but off late she is back answering, eye rolling and all the other antics like a mini drama queen..as an Indian parent am not even able to relate with that..

Is this common ..am worried about it and feel why is this happening..is this an age thing?I usually see other kids and all seem well brought up and fine.(true one does not know what happens behind doors)

However..how to mentally prepare myself?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Parents can take comfort and draw solace from the fact that the child reserves this attitude for parents only. With their friends, teachers and other adults, they are reasonableness personified.

Others will look at your child and think:

Hopikrishnan and Daffodil100 like this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

When children are training their parents, it is only the clueful* parents who can continue to put out pseudo-cluelessness in confronting "the attitude" of their children. This might come naturally to parents with their 2nd child, the first child having taught them the lessons successfully.

*clueful is the pseudo-opposite of clueless

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My 61/2 yr old does this ( in US)...and i think she started much sooner and kind of less now. When in india, decade ago, my niece was about same age, she used to same thing and i used to think how oversmart she is. I did not have kids that time. Now my daughter started doing, i hated first but kind of got in habit.
    I see other girls her age and class doing similar.
    Btw, i think they learn that from class mates and friends. Now my daughter does not go to school ( remote), and almost nil play dates, so she does not do much.
    they will grow out of it in no time.