1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 5 year old has sudden onset of diabetes type 1

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by aarit, Oct 31, 2012.

1. aarit

aarit New IL'ite

Dear all
    i have joined this forum to share something very very important. My daughter was diagonsed with diabetes type 1 suddenly few days before she turned five. There is no family history. To my shock, lot of kids in my area got it. Doctors and medical science is not clear about why it happens but i have researhed a lot and found out the it is new vaccinations ( additional vaccinations) which may be causing this. It was not prevalent earlier, we grew up without hearing about it, our parents never heard about all this. There may be other reasons but i request all of you who haven't vaccinated their kids to be very careful with mmr vaccine. Also some doctors do not keep the vaccines at the right temperature. 5 to 7 kids in my neighbourhood who get their children vaccinated from this particular reputed doctor have been diagonsed. Do not ignore the following symptoms as diabetes type 1 if left untreated is fatal.
    Extreme thirst, sudden weight loss and frequent urination: These are sure shot symptoms so please get a regular blood sugar test done, which is very simple. Child may have no energy, may be very droopy and lethargic in addition to the above mentioned symptoms.
    Please check online about the side effects of vaccines, it is completely your decision but there are too many vaccines which doctors recommend and are not necessary at all; flu, chicken pox as even after getting vaccinated kids get these diseases so why vaccinate? My daughter will have to live with daily insulin injections all her life, i do not want others to suffer so please go for vaccines which are important and diseases which can be fatal if the child is not vaccinated.
    Rgds
    aarit

2 people like this.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

re: My 5year old has sudden onset of diabetes type 1

That is really sad that kids have to suffer from diabetes. Didn't know that it is because of vaccines. I have read articles contradicting the role of vaccines in autism and hence some parents in the US decide not to vaccinate their kids.

4. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

thanks for the valuable info aarit

5. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Aaarit:

Sorry to hear about your daughter. You will have a handful raising that child. I hope you have a good doctor to help you "cope with how to live with type 1 child". I volunteer at a place and somewhat familiar with this disease. JDRF: Improving Lives. Curing Type 1 Diabetes gives you the info on the research being done on this disease.

There is a Hyderabad based Dr D. Nageshwar Reddy (Padmasri) who has reported some ground breaking development in treating Type1. If his method is successful, this disease will be very manageable. I hope he is right. Since this is reported only a few weeks ago, I am not sure that the method will be recommended for children yet. If I were you, I will wait a few years of track record before considering a new treatment for a young person. Anyway, please consider talking with this Dr. I appreciate if you could report back.

Insulin bags kept under skin to replace injections | Deccan Chronicle

I wonder if Merck can be found liable for this. MMR vaccination, if I recall well, is something that the schools insist on seeing before admitting a child in the US.

2 people like this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aarit
    Thanks for sharing this information with us... Your concern for other babies is very laudable

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Aarit, I am so sorry to hear that your child as well as neighbours' children developed this, seemingly because of a vaccination too. And thanks for posting about this. I didn't want to get chicken pox vaccine for my daughter but they only had MMR+chicken pox.

On a related note, my daughter suffered from many food intolerances as a baby. They appeared right after rotavirus vaccine. This is only anecdotal evidence as I know of one other boy that this happened to. But inform yourselves well about vaccines. Doctors claim that this isn't a side effect of this vaccine but if they all assume so and no one reports it to federal agencies, how would they know? Rotavirus is a GI tract infection. It isn't inconceivable that a live virus, although attenuated, can irritate the GI system and cause intolerances. Thankfully, she's outgrown them. If I have another child, I am not going to get this vaccine. I should never have gotten it for my daughter, as she was at home, not in contact with many children, until she was 19 months old. She met several children for an hour a week. This infection is only bad when a baby gets it. Older children can get them too, and I keep seeing children here get sick with GI infections all the time.

The single best thing that we are designed to do for the child is to try to nurse at least till the child turns 2 and for as long as desired past that, by the mother-child duo. It confers protective effect against autoimmune disorders, obesity, and infections. I am not saying that you should have done anything differently, Aarik. You got your child vaccinated as you saw fit. I am writing this information for other mothers. There is inordinate pressure to wean babies, from family and society. Don't yield to it unless you want to stop for non-societal reasons. It will help your child and it will help you. For, each year that a mother breastfeeds, the chance of breast cancer drops. I don't remember exact percentages but the drop is considerable.

2 people like this.
  8. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

God. I am sorry Aarit and Confused. Sincerely wish things to be fine with all kids.

thanks much for the information and your concern for all kids .

9. nimnik

nimnik Silver IL'ite

Sorry about your daughter and may god give you all the strength and courage to go through this phase and many thanks for sharing this with us..

After reading i have been confused whether to give this vaccination to my baby, she is supposed to take it this month???

Is improper Storage the only cause of these side effects?
    How can we ensure the vaccinations are safe??
    can anyone answer these?

Some other case reports : Diseases and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

How should MMR vaccine be stored?
    MMR may be stored either in the refrigerator at 35-46°F (2-8°C) or in the freezer. The diluent, however, should not be frozen and can be stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature. If the MMR is combined with varicella vaccine as ProQuad by Merck, it must be stored at an average temperature of 5°F (-15°C) or colder (like varicella vaccine). The lower limit of the temperature is -58° F (-50° C).

10. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

i am so sorry you have to go through this. May god show you a way out of this issue.