1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 5-in one hubby

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Really I am very proud of my hubby. Even at this age ( in his early seventies) he could fix a leaking tap, do a bit of carpentry work, gardening, small electrical repairs, and painting walls also. So am I not right in saying as 5-in one hubby? I am not joking, but I have to remain constantly at his side to hand him the proper instruments to him. But now being involved in the temple work, he is unable to pay much attention to his favourite gardening. But still we are getting lot of flowers from our garden for the daily puja.
    when my children were young, when he would start some work, they would say, " uncle podger hangs the picture " and would try to disappear from the scene. In those days he had a full time job, Monday to Saturday and other social activities after office time.
    In relationship also he is a lovingf husband, loving brother, loving father, loving grandfather and a loving f-i-l. He is an outgoing person. If he would take a job, he would dedicate his life and soul.
    I am really happy when people praise him for his dedication. I am now praying to the Almighty that the toughest work now he had taken, should be succeesfully completed.
    Pushpavalli

3 people like this.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very lucky pushpa,
    not all are blessed with all these qualities, my husband was a spoilt brat from a hotelier family so always was good abt kitchen otherwise he had an alok in kolkata who would fix all for him, so we used to call in chorus alok and he would go wild and the rest i had to do, from framing to palaga making, and shelf making with planks, electric works fixing fuse, and so many others, of course i had been a tinkering kind, so nothing can be blamed, but i had a friend guitarist whenever he was home, he would say aunty anything, so all things got fixed with his help, mm each one get to see one aspect of god in our husband and it is better to cherish what is there rather than despair what is not,, may god give you both plenty of health and wealth to live through happily..sunkan

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sundari,
    Thank you for your soulful wishes and I feel these good wishes of our well wishers and above all the Almighty's benevolence only helped us to tide over
    the most trying situations.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Pushpaji,
    Yes, you are very lucky. May God bless you and your husband all the health, wealth and also success in all the ventures undertaken.

best regards,

P.S: God Lakshmi Narayanan and Aanjaneyar with sangu and chakram are in my screen saver. Thank you!

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Hi Sindhu,
    Lord Lakshmi Narayan will bring prosperity and Lord Anjaneya will always protect us. Have a nice day!
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear angelllic,
    Thanks for visiting this post and liking it. I am glad to tell you even after crossing 80 milestones he is still active and continuing his plumbing, gardening and other activities.
    PS

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad toknow Pushpa Mami that mama is still active. Let God bless both of you with good health always. My namaskarams to both of you and seek your blessings

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    Normally people who used to be active could not sit idle. During his younger days as your DH he also used to help during parties and funerals. He was an active member of Thamiz Sangam and for any function he would be there in the association building from the beginning to end . He even used to act in dramas in small roles.
    PS

1 person likes this.