1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 3 months old is losing hair!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Nila, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

My 3 months old had good amount (though not plenty) of hair when born. Recently started losing hair almost now looks like had a complete shaving (mottai) recently. This leaves me worried :cry:

Some of them told me kids normally lose their hair that was there at birth and get new hair. But some of them tell me it is not common for such small infants to lose hair.

Every alternate day I apply coconut oil and leave it for 10-15mts and used to give head bath.

Is losing hair common? What can be applied for 3-month old infant to grow hair?

Experienced moms here please advise!

Nila

2. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

common thing

hi,

it is absolutely common thing with babies..no need to get worried ...get ur baby head shave after six month ...then ur baby will have very good hairs....

no need to apply anything else except oil which ever u use coconut or baby oil...

take care have patience dear

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai nila,
    don't worry. My son had a full head of thick and silky hair when he was born. he nurse used to brush it gently and make a side parting. He used to look so cute. But by 5 months, he bagan to lose hair gradually and by 4 months he was looking near bald. Then it grew back again and that was also thick and curly hair. We had his hair shaved only when he was 3 years, So do not worry. It is common.
    With warm wishes,

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Made me smile!

Dear Nila,

By now you know that many babies lose hair and it grows back. So don't worry, he will have a good mop of hair.
    My grandson too lost his hair about the same time. My daughter wondered as to what was happening. She sent me the photos of his and he looked like a little bramhin priest, with a small tuft of hair at the back and otherwise bald! We had some fun time laughing about it!

L, Kamla

5. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Dear Nila

I agree to the members who have already answered your question. Baby looses lots of hair at this stage (Between 3-6 months). I have a six months old baby and I was worried with the same problem. Now,his hair is growing back.

I have a suggestion…since baby’s hair has a very smooth texture, it gets dried pretty faster. You need to apply coconut oil at least twice or thrice a day. It is a must to maintain the smooth texture of your baby’s hair. Also, it controls hair fall.

Regards

Lakshmi