1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My 15kg Weight Loss Journey..dedicated Buddies Pls Join Me..lets Loose The Extra Flab

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by felonopsis, Jan 19, 2018.

1. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

I am genuinely curious as to why women who are serious about weight loss and with ambitious targets are not using a dietician. I dont think following a random diet shared online by one user will be the best approach for others since each person's body and life stage is different. Eg.many women have hypothyroidism..and most dieticians will advise such people to stay off ragi, raw cruciferous foods like brocolli, cauliflower etc and even soy.

Weight loss is so easy with a customized eating plan by an informed dietician who would of course take stock of your BMI, base metabolism and daily calorie needs, underlying medical conditions that prevent weight loss, target vitamin deficiencies that cause fatigue (eg B12, D, Iron), factor in hormone changes due to childbirth and advise on work out plans to reach goals. Sure, a fitness trainer added to the mix is ideal - but given the cost considerations, even a few paid sessions will pay off.

I had to post this comment because for months I, like many on this group, was on a do it yourself diet based on extensive reading and word-of-mouth, incorporating lots of millets, brown rice, veggies, organic produce, ACV and the like. Still I slowly came to the realization that my weight loss bag of tricks that I used in my 20s were not going to be as effective in my 30s. I recently took up the help of a dietician and it's been a revelation.

My point is, online diets of 1 person may not apply to everyone and even if they do cause weight loss, you'd be surprised how much faster it can be with an informed diet plan. Wouldn't want to totally ruin your parade though - I do appreciate the sense of community and team spirit that a forum/thread can offer you.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi felonopsis congratulations on your weight loss.even 1 kg less also means a lot bcos we try to reduce with so much hard work.
    Sandya , even I have 2 kids.so they drain all our energy before they go to bed.ultimately I feel hungry at late night.i try to drink lots of water.(atleast 1 lit water bottle).so that iam full.if iam really hungry I will have milk.hope it helps
    Hi madras,what u r saying is really true.most of our weight loss depends mainly on diet.eg.i have been eating chapattis and thought it might help for me to reduce
    But women with thyroid it doesn't help much.i learnt that later.we should get educated about our diet.
    The main purpose of this forum is to get some motivation and encouragement from others.
    By the way my weight has reduced 1kg in whole of January (expected 2 )
    Anyways good luck ladies

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@madras2018, I agree. Getting a dietitian or a nutritionist would probably be the best way to go. But for the most of us, it’s not covered under insurance and we are looking at a lot of $$$ on private professionals. Having said this, I agree completely with you that what works for abc may not work for xyz.

4. madras2018

@Rakhii
    I think even weight watchers will do fine. Ideally an indian dietician will work best esp for vegetarians. For non-vegetarians, a keto diet or a western diet plan may not be too hard. Maybe they can find one who is affordable and consults in america but in a different / neighboring state. Hey one can consult one the next time they are in india ! I know some dieticians counsel long distance. In india i see mine only once in 6 wks and all other weekly updates are over phone even though same city. A friend of mine sees a dietician who practises in two neighouring cities in India. Even popular dietician like Rujuta Diwekar consults long distance..some of her clients are in dubai etc.

All in all it is totally worth it. A short term investment of even 3months can yield good amt of weight loss.

Anyway thanks for your response. I was just sharing my experience.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    felonopsis likes this.
  5. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

Is it :biggrin:

Hope i dint disappoint you dear :)

coffeecups likes this.
  6. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Helloo @felonopsis
    I also want to join. I gained weight after my delivery but after a year i was back to my normal weight. But i dont know what happened after three years of my delivery i started to gain weight. My weight is now 65kg. I look very bulky and more of like a balloon and watever dress i wear it doesnt suit me well. I have tension n stress in my married life and that may have an impact in my eating habit. Because when i get stressed i just stuff my mouth with food. Since i am a STHM i cook three times a day and i just eat a lot..
    I wanted to ask you one thing. If i just walk for an hour or so will it be like a workout? I used to workout when i started gaining weight but periods time i just stop and then it stopped completely.
    I drink water but dont eat many fruits.
    Anyways i will post what i ate from tomorrow onwards.
    Keep going!!!!!

7. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Sorry to say this but you look like a marketing person

8. Rakhii

Ladies, I hope its ok to join you all a week late. Post my first delivery, I had lost weight very easily. I mean, eating healthy alone helped as I was 6 years younger, metabolism was good and also my body was much quicker to accept change. Now, the story is different.

During my research about being healthy (read: not weight loss. Weight-loss would be an added bonus if you are healthy), I realised a few things.

. Do not starve your body. Give it the food it needs (read: not wants). If you starve your body, it will think it will not get food and so, it will store the fat to use it later. It’s a proven fact.

. Eat small portions, throughout the day. Don’t give more than 3 hours gap with small healthy portions. Take the stairs everywhere! Ditch that elevator and escalator. Even if its 4 flioght of stairs.

I am a week behind you all in joining this thread but I have started re-eating healthy 4 days ago (post a vacation where I ate like there is no tomorrow). I had gained 3 pounds in 8 days during vacation and in 4 days I have lost that 3+1 pounds. Here is what I did:

Breakfast: Typically consists or Oatmeal or a boiled egg with ½ fruit and milk
    Snack: usually fruit
    Lunch: soup and sandwich made out of gluten free bread
    Snack: veggies and green tea with lemon
    Dinner: salad with some chicken/fish
    Snack: milk

9. Rakhii

i know right...My spidey senses are triggered too.

coffeecups likes this.
  10. madras2018

Apdi patha, my post also sounds suspicious even to me :) But i guarantee, I'm not a troll or marketeer.

kalcandu and felonopsis like this.