1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 11 month old baby taking food from his mouth ..please Help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by durgamavu, Jul 1, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

try these recipes with egg
    Here’s what you’ll need to make Baby’s Apple Custard…
    2 beaten egg yolks
    8 fl oz (1 cup) milk – you may use whole milk, breast milk or formula
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 small, sweet apple, peeled, cored and diced
    Simmer the apple in a very little water until tender, then mash thoroughly or puree.
    Put the apple into the bottom of a small oven-proof dish.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 deg C).
    Stir the beaten egg yolk and the vanilla into the milk, then pour the mixture over the cooked apple.
    Sit the dish in the middle of a baking pan and pour in hot water until it comes about halfway up the side of the dish (this creates a simple bain-marie!).
    Bake for 30 minutes until the custard has set.
    Cool and serve chilled.

To Make French Toast with Vanilla and Applesauce for Your Baby You Will Need…
    2 slices of bread (whole wheat if possible)
    2-3 tbsp vanilla yogurt
    2 tbsp whole milk
    1 large egg yolk
    little drop of vanilla essence
    pinch cinnamon
    Mix everything except the bread together in a bowl until well blended.
    Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, making sure it soaks right in.
    Heat a little unsalted butter in a frying pan/skillet over a medium heat.
    Cook the bread slices for a couple of minutes until the undersides are golden, then turn and repeat on the other side.
    Cool and serve with a blob of delicious homemade applesauce

2. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Hi loony,

I had checked the sites but am not trying the varieities..may be dats also the reason...i'll try them...thanku..moreover i didnot introduce non veg...can i start before one year...is so ..is chicken or fish..which is gud to start...?..

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

durga i recently started chicken, this wk for my baby, she is 9 months old.so u DEFINITELY can. but u cant give them our curries.... i just posted a recipe under 9-12 months section about chicken rice... do chk.

u can give him chicken, egg yolk scrambled, french toast made with only egg yolk.paneer, cheese, different veggies, fruits, yogurt smoothies.
    my baby loves these, and she gets a variety of foods so that she doesnt get bored. or else she wont eat.

4. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Hi loony,

Thnks a lot...i bought him booster to toddler seat ,its gud...but am having intial resistence from him during eating...need him to get used to it...got a new concern now...he is passing stools 5-6 times a day as i started outside milk(i had left lactogen and started NAN-2nd stage)...wat shud i do ..i started giving him baby lex drops(homeopathc medicine)...i dnt know the reasn for his stools..they are not loose...and he is active only..

5. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi durga

Sorry to hear about your little one... i couldnt guess why ? sorry i was not of any help to you. But needed a review from you regarding the booster seat which you have bought . What is the brand and how much cost ? Can that be used for 19 mths old ( my son) .

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

durga are all his milk feeds replaced by cows milk?that cld be the reason. start giving him small quantities, and gradually to 1 feed, then replace more feeds...
    my daughter got a stomach bug 2 days back, and i thought so, since she pooped 6-7 times that day. Normal poop but extremely smelly! this was not normal. and by evening she got diaper rashdue to intolerance. so we got her on nusobee, a light diet .got her probiotic and some meds. she is okay now.

as babies grow i am sure resistance to "changes" is normal.hence we introduced hghchair to DD at 7 months. however better late than never! good luck

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  7. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Hi loony,

I dont give him any milk products except curd rice a little,just started NAN formula milk powder tat's it,,,he is still continuing like dat only,,my BM is not there am thinking..so no means of calcium to him..so there is no other go 4 me than to give him formula milk...wat is nusobee and probiotic...
    one more thing..how to remove wax from his ear..doc says not to use ear buds thn how can we remove

8. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

hey brindhaa....

i bought A+B company's booster to toddler seat..its gud...it says it can be used from 6months to 4 yrs....portable one..u can give a try..it costs 1900..gud luk

9. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot durga, btw where did you bought in bangalore ?

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

durya sorry my bad i thought u had replaced all his formula milk feeds with cows milk!curd is excellent, my DD has a bowlful of curd everyday :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010