1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 11 month old baby taking food from his mouth ..please Help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by durgamavu, Jul 1, 2010.

1. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Hi ,

I have a baby boy of 11 months old,till a month ago he used to ist and eat properly while i feed him,after that he started walking in walker and is not at all concentrating on eating,he revolves and i need to run behind him and feed him..he eats 24-5 spoons and then takes away food from his mouth and spills it,,,,its been very difficult to feed him since a month...i had heard about high-chair,shall i try that?...how to make him eat properly...thanku

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Durga,
    I had gone through and still going through this phase. As they learnt to escape from food, we can't catch them. Try to remove Walker for a while during eating session, you just hold him and try feed him.
    Before 2 hours to food, dont feed him anything. If he is not at all eating properly, try to stop milk for a day or two, his apetitie will come back and will eat good amount.
    Never try to forcefully feed him.

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

forget 11 month old, i cant think of feeding my 8 month old without her highchair. it does bring discipline into them, n once i put her in it she knows its mealtime. u do get toys with vacuum suction at the base,i stick them onto the highchair tray and feed her.
    she enjoys eating like an adult, and also enjoys finger foods. get one, u wont regret!

4. karunasivakumar

karunasivakumar New IL'ite

hai durga
    I had the same problem with my baby boy. I'ts quite common. dont force food in to him let him get hungry. try feeding him parturised milk with turmeric and ajwain boiled in it in the night or early in the morning. this improoves digetion and cleanses the system. never let him roam arround while having food...u'll have a very tough time in the future if you allow it. see what interests him and make him sit down for food.
    chill.
    karuna.

5. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Thanku priya and loony,

can u suggest any high chair ,i had seen fisher price and its costly about 5k,how about booster to toddler seat..its around 2k ...

doc said to give him egg yolk..i tried to give him by mixing it with rasam rice...he refuses ,any idea of any other receipe?

As he doesnot eat any fruits ..can i mash them and mix in formula milk,so it serves both purposes...i didnot start outside milk(cow or buffalo)..only using lactogen formula milk since 2 days..he even refuses that :(

6. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Even iam facing the same problem offlate.Thing is he is 19mths old , and i regret for not using the high chair all these days . He sometimes sits at one place and eat,but sometimes wants me to take him and roam around by showing cats, crows etccc. I hate this habit , but couldnt avoid. Can i start using high chair for him now?.Will he get acustomed? Also suggest good brand, for toddlers high chair and quite reasonable at cost too.

At times when i see the post wherein mothers are very proactive in researching and finding ways by using best products for their child , i feel low that as if iam not that much proactive and sometimes not a good mother either :((

7. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

Hi karuna...thanks...i did not start him outside milk only formula milk,but previously i used to give him ajwain powder mixed in rice for his first bite...but he is not eating now and taking from mouth...please look over my previous mail and reply...

8. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

hey brindha...

dont comapre so...ur baby is looking so gud in avatar...lets wait for the reply from our experinced mothers and members :)

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hey brinda since urs is 19 months old why dont u get him mothercare highchair which opens up to be a table and chair for toddlers.. its lovely. Its called mothercare convertable highchair and costs 4300....

durga, i didnt care for fisherprice as the price was exhorbitant... it comes for 7k!
    we got one from lifestyle, brand is juniors...and cost is 4.5k
    juniors highchairs start from 2k upto 5k.... we like ours ,its sturdy and lovely.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

durga have u checked this site yet....
    Homemade Baby Food Recipes To Help You Create A Healthy Menu For YOUR Baby if u havent PLS do... the recipes are lovely. my baby has to be given a variety or else she wont eat....
    i give her dalia ,whole wheat pasta, ragi porridge, oats porridge, chicken stew, chicken and rice , fried rice with paneer, she loves all these.
    i make sure her food isnt bland, and has lots of exciting flavours.

Indian Baby Food Dishes chk these.

today i gave her cracked wheat(dalia) with minced chicken. She gobbled it down