Must Eats in Singara Chennai :-)

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Nandshyam, Feb 20, 2010.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Nandhu,

What do you want? You name the cuisine, and I will suggest. What you should really not miss is places like this.

Aavin Paal
    Madras Bhelpuri @ Pondy Bazzar
    Mansukh's Thepla and Dhokla
    Brilliant Tutorials Kaiendhi Bhavan's Ennai Podi Dosai
    Krishna Sweets Masala Poli
    Sanjeevanam's Rajbhog meal or something like that. It comes with 5 drinks, and 4 salads. Awesome!
    Grandsweets's 10 clock thayir sadham. Devamritham it is!
    and their kuzhi paniyarams
    If you have the time and the dying effort to try - Sowcarpet's Murukku sandwich and Masala Tea.
    A shop opposite to Dasaprakash serves icecream sandwiches too:)
    And of course, on the restaurants side - try Dosa calling, Flamingo, Nala's aapa kadai and Rasam ( their elaneer payasam :)!!

Arch

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Nadhu,

Welcome welcome

My pointers are

1.Palimar@VegNation - ever never miss this..excellent place for veggies - The good old palimar(Gemini building,near gemini flyover) has been renovated by Cavin Care and christened as "VegNation"...as the name implies, really a nation for veggie maniacs...Shooters'nu energy drink tharuvaan(very little) 10Rs i guess..chanceless..so many avrieties in it..Ask them their speciality,the waiters will help you..Edho cashew gravy forgot the name..dont miss it

2.Crimson chakra near gandhinagar club is a great place for dinner(buffet)..Run by sureshmenon(revathy husband)..

3.Eden in besant nagar

4.Bombay talkies in cathedral road(under the flyover to radha krishnan salai)..Purre veg north indian restaurant

5.If possible try few food courts in IT parks like (Tidel,Ascendas,Olympia)

6.Food court in Ampa skywalk mall..ulla ponoma westside,mochi,diya,soch'nu branded kadaliyila shopping pannoma..food court'al saptoma..oru cinema partomaanu enjoy pannunga..good mall with less but branded showrooms..mini walmart madhiri you have star bazaar..

7.Barbeque nation -Hanumantha rd,North usman rd,T nagar dhaan ippo hot selling...Non-veg'na sema party..ofcourse veg is also great..i like the starters and desserts..diner buffet is the best time..worth spending:thumbsup..menu has 5 veg, 5 non-veg staters,1 veg 1 non-veg soup, 4 non-veg, 6 veg in main course with roti & naan, 3 non-veg, 5 veg salads & 7 desserts

Thatz all for now..will update soon...

Try these too:-
    Venkateswara poli store's "Soodaana Jilebi"..never miss it..Punjabi dhaba in cenotoph ra is also famous for this

FreezZone icecream(ttk rd,alwarpet)

Masala Paal(Hot chips)

Kuzhi paniyaram & mysore masal dosai in vaigai restaurant(opp murugan idli,or closeby kannadasan statue)

3. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

I have heard of this murugan idli shop too...just cant wait to try when i get to India.
    And to the rest....I just cant wait too....OMG cant wait. So yummy yummy

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Nithya.. kandeepa thats in my list :) Thanks poi oru vettu vetturen kandeepa unga peru solli :mrgreen:

Ney Yokers.. Interestinga iruke.. Thanks Aruna.. Enna mathiri place ithu?

5. Nandshyam

Arch, so specific in listing out the dishes too, WOW..... Awesome, I am going to impress my family back there by ordering the best dishes;) Thanks to you !!!!!

6. Nandshyam

Cindhu.. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown engayoo poiteenga poonga.. Thanks a bunch for the detailed listing, cho chweet of you :)

kaathula pogai enakku.. naan 3 weeks vanthu ellam fast fast'a enjoy pananum.. You guys have so much there yearlong :cry: :cry: not fair at all !!! :mrgreen:

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Nandhu; your plates are full :). I am not a chennaivaasi and my experience is my one month vac last July;)
    Still I will suggest one more to your list ; Sigree Nungambakkam in Quality Inn Aruna.Its a speciality restuarant. They serve both V and NV; so I am not sure how comfy you will be about that.
    Great ambience and great food. My MIL still vouch on their mango juice:))
    Their buffet is awesome; with big A for the price:). They have mainland china in the same building;Quality Inn Aruna (2nd floor if my memory is right). Its a hip place. A good place for night out. We went inside mistaking it to be Sigree and J's Sil got a shock:)) Both these places are classy.

I have heard Kumarakom is a good eatery; but didn't get time to venture.
    Happy Vacationing;)
    -Nitha

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  8. sunflower19

sunflower19 New IL'ite

Here is my list of faves and they are all vegetarian restaurants too:) I am not listing the oft repeated ones as I am sure you must have eaten there:)

1. Karpagambal mess in Mylapore( near Kapaleeshwarar temple)

2. Eden in Besant nagar (for North Indian, Continental etc)

3. Shirdi ( Cathedral road, it is very close to Stella Maris college..pls verify if its still there). It has the best stuffed parathas ever! The interiors of the place is not much,but, as long as we get yummy food who cares right:)

4.Gangotri for chaat

5.Gujrathi Mandal for totally yumm vegetarian gujarathi thali. Must try! Its in Parry's corner

6. Mathysa Udipi for their udipi thali

7.Flower Drum Egmore for vegetarian chinese, thai dishes

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi nandhu,
    Itz my pleasure :) Saapaadu,shopping indha rendu'la enna kaetaalum naan badhil solla ready

appadi ellam illa pa...we rarely go out..aana pona oru vettu vettitu dhaan varuvom...Infact US'la irundha bodhu kooda we went out often..anga ellam guests relatives romba kammi..but here you cant avoid it..avanga vandha full day kitchen'layae odidum..idhuvae US'na oru potluck,get-together'nu work'a share pannipom:hide:

10. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hi nandhu,
    enjoy your chennai trip..happy journey..ivanga tara list partha...piramippa irrukku.!!!!.namma eppo chennai povom nu irrukku illa dear..naanum chennai vantha ippadi thaan ...i never miss...adayar grand sweet&ananda bhavan..hotel