1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Musings part 1 hema Malini

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Musings - Part 1- Hema Malini

Jaipur is once again in the news, after Lady Don, Lalit Modi, Vaundra, and now Hema Malini, well where ever kamalji is, action is eh ! Well let us get on to the news.

Yesterday night Hema Malini’s Mercedes met with an accident, with an Alto, which had 4 persons, one girl of 4 years was killed, two seriously injured, and one had minor injuries.

Minor injury one was taken to the local hosptial, where the accident took place, some 60 kms from Jaipur, and the other two, injured were taken to the Government SMS Hospital for treatment.

Hema Malini was taken to the private and pretty expensive Fortis in Jaipur by another Car. Well as per the papers the fault was of Hema;s driver, who was speeding. Well, 9 pm and highways, are a lethal combination, and Hema may be wanting to come to jaipur an hour away faster, cant say really who was at fault, but the papers put it on Hema.

Well the airbags saved Hema and driver, but she was bleeding from a cut on her face.My point is, all papers are of Hema none of the the other family who lost a small girl.

And look at the irony, they in govt hospital where patients sleep on floors, overcrowded, and Hema in the private hosptial where money is spent like water.

I am sure Dharmendra too must have flown over, as also the Kent RO water guys, whose life must be stuck in Hema. But I am sure, more or less , dharmendra or Hema may not go to condole the other family , nor offer any compensation, time will tell.

Life is strange eh ! Lets see what the papers tell us in the coming days.

Lady Surgeon sued by patient

Virginia man wins $500,000 after recording doctors mocking him in surgery | Daily Mail Online

Virginia USA

A man was operated under anesthesia, and he kept his recording on, on the mobile, so that he could understand , as he says, what he is to do after the operation. Instead later on when he played the recording, he found out that the lady surgeon, who operated on him, abused him, and was heard telling her collegues that I want to hit this fellow, I just don’t like him, etc .

Well the patient did not like it and complained to the authorities, and they granted him , $ 5 lakhs, including 50,000 for two abuses each. The lawyers asked for more intiially. The doc has been suspended.

That reminds me of my 8 hour operation for cancer in 2012. I in fact was joking with the doctors, while lying down, I wanted them in good humor , so that they would do a good job on me, which they did, and I am alive and kicking 3 years later.

Well in the man’s case, if I was there, I would have told the lady doc, forget 50,000, for 5000 an abuse, give me as many as u can, and I would have minted money eh !

See her pic, she is damn pretty, but u cant say the same about her tongue.Maybe she fought with her MIL, who knows , before coming to hospital, so all the anger was spent on the patient. Well it proved costly eh !

Neighbour invoices their TODDLER for £1,838 over damaged car door | Daily Mail Online

UK

A toddler scratched the neighbours car, the parents apologized to the neighbour, and wanted to pay privately, for if it went to the insurance company, it would have costed them dearer.

But the neighbours sent an invoice for 1800 pounds, and at 100 a pound, it works out to 1.80 lakhs, they were stunned, but these things are expensive abroad, not like india, like when my Maruti Baleno was banged, radiator burst, bonnet all screwed up, when I took it to the company, they said, 1.25 lakhs.

A friend arrranged a team of mechanics, and it took two days, and 4,000 bucks including the paint job, and I was happy.

But here the story changes, as they went down the invoice, they saw this written “ THESE THINGS HAPPEN. NO CHARGE”

What wonderful people eh ! Yes these things do happen, but do most people behave like this ? The neighbours felt nice about the honesty of the girls parents to admit that it was their 3 year old who spolt their car, and this was their way of expressing it.

There are still a few good people around eh !

================================================================================

4 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

I have been reading some news paper reports on how the girl could have been saved if she were to be taken to the same hospital as Hema etc. It is really sad. And unfortunately the guy who apparently helped Hema made this decision. He should have inquired about the other car also no?

Reading the last story warmed my heart. Yes, Kamalji there still are many good people in this world. That is what makes it go around still, don't you agree?

2 people like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Did the diva show even the slightest concern for the dead kid and injured family? According to TV reports she just walked away with the help of couple of cronies. These stupid actors and politicians become rich because of us who pay through our noses to watch their lousy movies and vote for them. It is us who make them arrogant and insensitive. If I ever saw Hema and her ilk lying on the road seriously injured, bleeding and screamng for help, I would shrug my shoulders and move on.

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I also thought exactly in the same way. Hema's bruises, which are not life threatening is treated in a five star hospital and that little girl who died and others who are injure seriously in a local hospital. If Hema is not in a condition to advise taking them other psersons who are in the car should have guided them to go to the same star hospital and opted to spend for their bill. Is it not insensitive and no compassion for others? Very very inappropriate....I wanted to use very strong words but moderators may delete. Her photos all over the papers and prayers.....this is all very ugly.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  5. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

That is indeed sad that such a wealthy person did not have the heart to help the other family with the acute care treatment, as the immediate care matters more in a lot of cases. Maybe an offer to help would be proof of guilt and hence may be advised against doing so?? I am amazed at how such people sleep at night!

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

According to the reports I read, the driver of the MP was arrested for excessive speeding. The cops have filed FIR for negligent driving. However the report also said the MP had multiple injuries and went through a two hour surgery and recovering in the ICU. But it breaks my heart to know that a 2 year old girl died in the accident and all injured in the other car are treated in a general hospital. The mother of the girl is not yet informed about the death of her daughter. The least the MP should do is to inquire about the others injured in the other car. It is inhuman if she has not done it already.

In the second report, it is atrocious that anesthesiologist behaved so badly with no respect for the patient. Gastroenterologist should have stopped her bad mouthing the patient as well as a good professional. The patient did the right thing by suing the doc and she needed to learn that lesson.

In the third report, it is very kind of the neighbor to be so considerate and it is also nice on the part of the parents to admit the guilt of their child.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Emergency services in India are pathetic. There is no sugar-coating that. If one is involved in an accident, one is mostly at the mercy of bystanders, fellow-passengers or passersby. That is what happened to the family in the other car. If one has money or contacts or can pull out a phone and make a call to 'connections' then great.

Hema Malini herself, is 66 or something and had just been involved in an accident. The state of mind right after an accident - not knowing if the car will shoot up in flames, for instance, or wondering which body part is hurt, how much bleeding is happening, or wondering what if another vehicle from behind hits the broken down vehicle.... Concern for others is unfortunately going to be the last thing on the injured's mind.

Extremely unfortunate and very sad what happened, and a little girl lost her life. But, I'd rather blame the lack of infrastructure, than compare that Hema Malini was taken to a posh hospital and the other family to a less fancy one (govt?) and after delays.

When sudden misfortune of this kind strikes in India, one better have money, pull, connections or be a 'dada' kind. If not, too bad.

7 people like this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

this happened some 60 kms from jaipur. she being Hema Malini, she was helped, but what if it was my wife, no one would have come forward to help, a sorry state of affairs.and yes that person did not bother to help out the other car persons, what to say.

Good people are there , in hema's case also. Will hema go and enquire about the other family ? Hema has minor injuries, the others are serious. Should not Dharmendra go visit the other party and offer financial help and medical help too

i doubt, but maybe time proves me wrong. i am too cynical these days.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Yes these people think no end of themselves. a broken nose and that is it, and there all badly injured, Hema was that consious to rub the blood off her nose, but not that much to ask around about the others in the car, to take them too to hospital ? No excuses for behing this way, u going to expensive hospitals and they to govt ones, even if the fault is not hers , is besides the point.

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,

Yes she could have taken them to the same hospital, at least the least she could have done and born their treatment cost.She is worth 200 crores, as per what she filed in her election returns, so is not exatlyu poor is she ?

Yes this is ugly.Our nose and injury is more precious than someone's fractures, and life of a child?

Regards

kamal