1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Musical chairs!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Do you still play musical chairs at home?

Don't push it aside as a childhood game..we still do play this at our homes.

Imagine these scenes and let me know, do they come under that category of musical chairs :)

One person is watching the TV, another wants to play, a video game.

The latter is eagerly waiting for the former to move from that spot to grab the remote control and the chair to play the game..musical chair, indeed! (the music here is 'arrrgh')

One person is in front of the computer and other one, is waiting impatiently to grab that chair..to do his/her Computer Typing Isn't this a musical chair? (music played here is..'wait,wait and wait'..:rant)

When summer vacation starts, my eldest one will be on a 1 month vacation. I need to :cheers her, to get the car keys..even to do my regular groery shopping .. :-( Am I not playing a musical chair here too.. (the music would be..'can I or :spin.. this theme varies with our moods)

During my 'new-bride' days, the books I half-read and kept aside, will vanish in no time, only to be found, later in the hands of our family member .. mm..isn't this too?. (the music this time ..was :idontgetit:)

In the outer world of business and politics, the highest position a person holds, he must be aware of the players of the musical chairs around him, isn't it! Otherwise, he/she would be :hide:

Sriniketan

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes Bhargavi dear now at present no musical chair in our house as only me and dh are there. He never comes to use my computer. In TV also we both see the same programmes.

Your posts are always different and brings a smile in everyone's face

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

ha ha ha and that music is what keeps the life going! I am with you Srini - even though we have two computers, we do play the musical chair because for some reason kids want what mom has! Can you believe it if I say they feel the refrigirator is exclusively mine and so to prove a point leave a toy or two in there which always brings a smile to my face? The family always wants to be part of all that I feel is mine alone :)

Nice post and brought a smile....enjoy the music and the 'chair' when you can grab it!

1 person likes this.
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed reading about your musical chair around the house Srini.....hehehe
    especially the one the politicians play...haha grabbing and fighting for the chair...

Only during the weekend DH too want to sit on the computer and sometimes me but when I tell him I need to use the computer he will just get up and go away, I never get to hear that wait :(

1 person likes this.
  5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hehehe...you have described a scene from my home... Everyday i have a bloodless coup in my hands with my daughters. They never bother my dh when he sits on the computer but when i sit for 2 mins, i hear complaints of how i am sitting on the computer 24/7... :/ I will be in the midst of some reading something interesting or chatting with my friends and if i just get up for a second....the two of them will be waiting to pounce to take over the lappy...

As for TV, I watch only when they are away in school..otherwise the kids or DH owns the remote. The more annoying thing is while my older daughter is finicky about privacy and exclusivity of her own stuff...my things become a public property in the house... the children automatically take the ownership of everything we have..... but like srama says, these little games of musical chairs make life more interesting and worthwhile..isnt it? :)

2 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    In the outer world of business and politics, musical chair is better known as rat race! It won't be fun and frolic as in a domestic scenario but can be vicious particularly in political circles.

Coming to the musical chair in domestic circuit, what I like in your post is the way you have written the musical score for every situation. It is like the impromptu 'kolaveri' song of Dhanush which has become an international hit now!

My vote for the best song in 'Musical chairs!' goes to 'arrrgh'. The singer would have had tough time pronouncing it!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sri,

Superbly summed up situations. We never stop waiting to lay our hands on what others have do we? It's amazing how universal this situation is - at home or on the outside. But like Sabitha says, it is what makes life great fun. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I am smiling as I read this for we are only two of us at home and yet we manage to play musical chairs for the prime seat in front of the tv....that one where you can stretch your legs the maximum???
    But when I am all alone there is no fun in having that seat all to myself.LOL.

2 people like this.
  9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viji. If this post brought out smiles...I am also happy.
    This is called unity in diversity, isn't it! :)

sriniketan

10. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

There were 3 of us fighting for THAT coveted seat at home - dad, granny and me.. Thats the seat thats directly underneath the fan, right opposite to the TV, with a good view into the kitchen, so that we know, what to expect!!!