Music schools in Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by Rinkugupta, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Rinkugupta

Rinkugupta New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anyone share information about Music schools in Delhi. I would like to enrol my kids in a good music school.

Regards,
    Rinku.

2. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

Rinku,

My sis-in-law learns violin at Saraswati Music College. It is located near Kamal Cinema. The address is A-1/226, Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi – 110029. The phone numbers are 011-26167911 and 011-26105611.

The institute teaches Indian Classical Music, Indian and Western Instruments and Indian Dance Forms. This institute is dedicated to reviving Indian Classical Music and Dance Forms.
    They teach instruments like Sitar, Dhol, Piano, Flute, Dholak, Harmonium, Tabla, Violin, Guitar, Congo and Drums.
    My sis-in-law is thinking of enrolling my nephew for Tabla lessons.

I gather, the Saraswati Music College is one of the oldest and most well known centers for arts and culture in Delhi.
    :2thumbsup:

3. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Dear Rinku,

You can think of taking your kids to the Delhi Music Academy. It is one of the best in Delhi and it trains students in both instrumental and vocal music. It teaches both Indian as well as Western Classical Music.
    This school was founded in early 2001 and since then it has had a successful journey with a large number of students who are enthusiastic about learning the basics of music. Many are interested in pursuing music professionally.

Syed Nozrul is the Chairman and Executive Director of this institute.

Sandeep Tripathy is one of the renowned students of the Delhi Music Academy.

:wave

4. amritasharma

Rinku, do you want to enroll yours kids in a Western Music school? If so, you can think about the School of Symphony. This school was founded in 2003, by a group of talented musicians. It trains more than 300 students every year and is believed to be one of the best music schools in the country.

The School of Symphony offers courses for Western Vocal, Piano, Drums, Violin, Keyboard, Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Trumpet, Song writing, Music Theory. The school also offers specialized courses for Music Therapy, Music Production and Sound Recording. Classes, in this school, are generally held on a one to one basis.
    :wave

5. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

:iagreeThe School of Symphony is the first western music school of its kind, in Delhi. The best part about this school is that students can appear for Certification Exams for Classical Music from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, UK and Western Rock Music Certifications from Rock School of Music, UK.

Apart from the regular classes, the school also arranges for workshops by visiting musicians and artists. Such musical interaction benefits the students greatly. Regular student concerts and other events help in developing the performance skill of the pupils.
    The emphasis of training is also on ensemble playing, aural development and musical appreciation.

6. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

You can contact the School of Symphony at 857, Pocket 3, Sector 19, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075. Their Marketing Office (India) and Center 1 is located here. It is at a walking distance of 5 minutes from the Sector 11 Metro Station. One can address all general inquiries here. The office and the centre are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

You can also visit the Centre 2 at Lajpat Nagar. The address is B-66, Dayanand Colony, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi- 110024. All Lajpat Nagar Centre inquiries can be addressed here. This centre is also closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

The address of the U.S. marketing office is 9600 Great Hills Trail Suite 150W, Austin Texas 78759.

7. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Rinku,

You can take your kids to the ArtTree Academy of Music & Performing Arts. The address is 2251, Hudson Lines, Kingsway Camp, Delhi-110009, Delhi University, phn: 01147034800.
    The school offers courses in Indian and Western Vocals, Guitar (Acoustic/ Classical/ Bass/ Electric), Drums, Piano, Keyboard, Flute, Violin, Tabla. It also offers courses in Dance (Jazz/ Salsa / Hip-Hop/ Contemporary/ Yoga Dance), Theatre (Speech & Drama/ Musical Theatre) and Audio Production.

My friend, who is a student, says ArtTree has a thorough and detailed curriculum that brings the musical and performing arts together. The faculty strives to create new approaches to music teaching and learning.

8. amritasharma

Rinku,

You can contact the World School of Music established by Guru Chakrapani Singh. Presently, this institution is located in three addresses: a) B-1, Greater Kailash – 1, New Delhi- 110048. b) 29, Western Avenue, Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi- 110026 (c) W 8C/ 2, Western Avenue Sanik Farm, New Delhi – 110062.
    There is a separate contact address which is JF – 21, Third Floor, Khirki Extension, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi – 110017. The phone numbers are 011- 55666172 and 09810140994.

Children as young as two yeas old to adults as old as seventy five years old learn music in this institute. This is possibly the only school of music where there is no age limit.

9. priyavijey

priyavijey New IL'ite

hi everybody,
    i'm staying in gurgaon.. i wish to put my 3 and half yr old baby in carnatic musuc classes.. can anyone suggess me the right place??
    thanks in advance
    with luv
    priya