1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

music of the sea

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Shanvy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vidya24,

You are embarassing me by calling me superwoman...no i am very simple down to earth person...i talk and share what i have learned from my experience..

The beaches in muscat are so beautiful...and the power of those waters...have always kept me enthralled.an inspiration..Good to know that you like it...

Infact it the encouragement from you all that makes me scribble.....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Hello Shanthi ma'am, a very thought provoking evening to you!

The very thought of mother nature has always left me spell bound and enthralled, as you have mentioned it! We owe a lot to mother nature. And according to me; these poems are a form of tribute we offer her at her lotus feet. Great going ma'am.

I also write a lot right from my childhood days. Now will start to post even my collections:) Thanks for the inspiration:)

All the very best in all your future endeavours ma'am.

Regards

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi ramya,

thanks for peeping in.. nice to know that you also write.. yes nature always gives us a lot..without expecting anything back..but that does not mean we have to take her for granted.......

4. RamyaVaradharajan

Hello ma'am

Absolutely true. I sincerely agree with you that mankind always have taken mother nature for granted. We never try to respect her emotions. As an example, one can quote, deforestation!

But, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Mother nature has got her strength to withstand the troubles which we (her children) pose her with!! But can the vice-versa be imagined? The aftermath of volcanic eruptions, floods, tsunami???

I remember one Tamil quote which almost all of us will be familiar with. It will be an apt one here. "Saadhu mirandaal Kaadu kollaadhu"

Regards

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes ramya,

It is true...when she shows her fury,we dont know what to do...look at how we are breaking our heads about the climatic change...all along we have neglected....i think the story of the man and the tree by ruskin bond....where the man uses the tree to the root.....and goes back...

on a lighter note..the proverb has been said keeping people like me in mind....:tongue

6. RamyaVaradharajan

:wink: yes Shanthi ma'am absolutely i agree!

Regards

7. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear shanvy,

Nice poem with excellent words. The music of the sea brings me nostalgic memories of my first visit to Thiruchendur and the sea. Immediately after we landed there we stayed in Senthilandavar viduthi and went to the sea shore. I was so fascinated sine I was born and brought up in Madurai where there is no sea. Reluctantly I returned from the sea shore as night had fallen. But, I was delighted to hear the sound of sea waves from our room. It was a real music to my ears. Than you for bringing such excellent topics through poems.

Regards,

TDU

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi raman sir,

Thanks for your nice words...yes the sound of the sea is a soothing music...walking on the beach hearing to the music is a bliss to be enjoyed only by experience.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I do love nature and listen to her music which is like a boaster during our 'let down' days.
    Nicely written, Shanthi, is it the result of Tsumani, which made you written those last lines!

sriniketan

10. RamyaVaradharajan

Hello Srini ma'am, a very pleasant day to you!

Of course, our emotions get thoroughly agitated whenever nature pours out her agony
    . And we tend to reciprocate the state of our inner conscience through words. It creates an awareness too!

Let's hear more from Shanthi ma'am:-o

Regards