1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music my passion-4...Low on Confidence???

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Shanvy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Further on music.....as I mention in my last blog on music therapy..

Vibrating sounds form patterns and create energy fields of resonance and movements in the surrounding space.

We absorb these energies, and they alter our breathing, pulse, blood pressure, muscle tension, skin temperature, and other internal rhythms. Vibration transmitted by music thus can affect the patient positively..

According to researchers certain ragas are used to cure certain ailments..what these people say is that music can supplement and complement an existing treatment and cannot be sustained as a treatment alone until proved completely.

It is known, that there were great musicians who could heal people with the power of their music. Late Ustad Sharafat Hussain Khan was known to make people feel stress free, lighter and happy by his mesmerizing music.

Kunnakudi Vaidhyanathan, the Director of Raga Research centre , once said, that when he was young, his father fell ill and went into coma and he sat with his father and played bhairavi ragam and he started recovering and lived for several years after the episode. this amazing personal experience has made him confident that music is a healer.

So, coming to the ragas that heal.. there has been a series of ragas that were announced..
    in this blog let us talk about boosting confidence.

Asaveri Raga is said to be helpful in boosting our confidence. since as i mentioned that i am a kelvignanam, let us not go into the janyam, and the swaras of this raga...let me list a few carnatic krithis and then a few film songs....so you can identify the same..
    carnatic krithis....

Chandram bhajamanasa,Muthuswami Dikshitar
    Kumaraswaminam,Muthuswami Dikshitar
    Lekhana ninnu,Thyagaraja
    Saranam saranam,Periaswami Thooran
    Mam palavelasita,Thyagaraja
    Ranga Sri Ranga,Ambujam Krishna
    Rara Mayintidaka,Thyagaraja
    Dasaradha nandana,Thyagaraja
    Sri kanchi nayike,Annaswamy Sastri
    there are more that can be added..even one arunachala kavi rayar's song is there...

Coming to film music, I found it difficult to list asavari based songs....(had to take the help of a friend...)..and here is both in hindi and tamil...

1. Andamanai paarungal azhagu..the old melody sung by kjy (though his pronounciation resembles minebonk) ..I don't know which movie..
    2. Churaliya from the evergree yadon ki baraat.
    3.kadoram lollakku..not sure of the movie name...
    4. Chale jana nahin naina milake-Bade bahen

Will list more when i come to know more...

But I personally prefer it in the instrumental way to help me out, without any lyrics or vocal...

Check out hariprasad charurasia flute in asavari

SuiDhaaga likes this.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Another Great musical blog from you..dear Shanthi..never did i regret being "gnana sunyam" than now..I really dont know all the ragas and wonderful details but I enjoy music a lot..so I keep reading.. If you have any links for me to listen to these songs please post.. My husband has a great voice and sings so well..I always love to hear him and sing and his voice will lift me out of any despair too..magical voice?? ..thanks for this topic..

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Absolutely wonderful,Shanvy! Both the content and the expression. You have started a good thing here. Keep blogging.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for being here and supporting this kelvignanam....:bowdown

Here, it is either FIL, tv, radio, kids singing all the time....veda is more into bhajans...the funny part is dialogues are also in the song formats...DH and DS are versatile in that...he says it is called ittukatti paadarathu (am i right veda?)

I read a lot..and I am frequent visitor of the carnatic book house,chennai to browse for books on music...

Will upload these songs one by one into a gmail account and give you the password and account..so that you can download..:idea

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i just share what i have been reading and analysing....and it is really a great way to enjoy music..

Will definitely be back with more thanks to your encouragement:bowdown:queen

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Shanthi,
    Was extremely HAPPY to see a post on music. Looks like I have missed the previous parts. I have learnt music for 5 years, but my raga knowledge has to grow better. One good motivation to listen to music is the emotion it creates. As you rightly put it, the vibrations have extraordinary effects. History has numerous such stories.

Aasaveri raga is karuna rasa.
    This post has more details

A friend just suggested http://www.sangeethapriya.org/
    for learning.

This site has lot of raga information
    http://www.geocities.com/scaleopia/h28.html

I want to restart my learning now.
    Waiting for more posts from you. Really impressed with the choice of topics.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi vidhya,

thanks for the links.. as i said in my others posts on music, i am a kelvignanam. bonk

to listen sangeethapriya has a vast collection.. as i have said before in one of the posts in a thread, the collections has sometimes too much noise and is a big whole..if it is split, with the composer identified, the song, and all it will be a better treasure trove. but really:hatsoff to that site.

to learn, shivakumar, has a great collection where in he teaches the varnams and krithis so well....you want the link will post it.

.i wonder if karuna rasa awakes the self confidence...or jolts your self out....

Do keep coming with your views...so that i can learn more...

8. rkalpana

rkalpana New IL'ite

Dear shanvy,

I am also a music lover...I am going for bhajan classes....I want totilearn carnatic music from the beginning....if u know any website which teaches from the basic pl let me know...

rkalpana

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kalpana,

Well come to the gang....

Will definitely post the sites..I think i have mentioned shivakumar's site in the one of the other 3 blogs related to music or in one of threads related to carnatic music..will check out and post it for you...he definitely had done a great job...a nd to learn you can use nookala chinna satyanarayana's music lessons....i feel he has done a great job...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame