1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music Is Like The Sinking Star Beyond The Utmost Bounds Of Human Thought

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheneya sir,

During those times when western tunes influenced great MDs like CRamachandra and his likes, it was Naushad and Khayyam who infused magnificent Hindustani ragas in to film songs, which was immensely welcomed by the common man.
    Singers like Suraiya, Shamshad Begum, Saigal, Ameerbahi Karnataki etc got great respect in the Hindi film industry, thanks to Naushad who recognised their talents and churned out immemorable songs.
    Naushad with his immense knowledge in Himdustani music, couldn’t have given mesmerising songs without Rafi’s Voice, a voice which could bring out the finer nuance of any raga besides evoking the subtle emotions, which even now could make us break in to tears.

Here is just one song from the film ‘Shabab” which showcases Naushad’s virtuosity in handling Hindustani raga with tremendous ease. Thank you for paying a lovely tribute to a great legend Naushad.

Agatha83

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    Dear Mistt
    Wake up! Hutch is now Vodofone. Watch this ad I love this!
    My son in law is a Telugu guy from Eluru. He has a sackful of songs by Ghantasala. I am an avid fan of his songs in Tamil. His songs for Akkineni Nageswara Rao are evergreen. No one can remain unmoved by him in Devadas. Oh so many memorable songs! It's a pity that Ghantasala died at 51. His singing has become celestial now.
    sri

Mistt and shyamala1234 like this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    I have been following the music thread, love many of those songs but do not know who were the music directors.
    Every Telugu person is Ghantasala's fan....without any exception. There are some non filmy songs of his....lalitha geethalu they are called. Superb they are! Your son in law must be having that collection also. They are all on YouTube. "Bahudoorapu batasari" is very famous among them. Take your son in law's help in locating it. Ask him to explain the meaning also.
    Syamala

Mistt likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Agatha! What a surprise to see you responding to me here!
    Your deep knowledge of the film music of yesteryear is amazing. Shabab song is very nice. I love Nutun and I continue to grieve over her untimely death due to cancer. She was such a great actress. This song from Kohinoor sounds almost like the Shabab song:

Naushad hardly swerved from the Classical music.

Rajijb likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My son-in-law once told me that if I ever mentioned the name of Ghantasala, all the Telugu people would come running to me. It's amazing that Ghantasala held sway over the entire Telugu population. I love his Tamil songs a lot. He could not pronounce certain Tamil words properly as he wrote the lyrics in Telugu and then sang them.But his haunting voice amply compensated for his small mistakes in pronunciation.

Mistt likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya Sir,
    Please excuse my ignorance and I watched once hutch AD ( maybe I watched it in my vacation period in India) and just loved it.
    Nice to know that you are fan of Ghantasala gaaru. My father also big fan of Ghantasala and I think he collected all filmy and private songs of Ghantasala gaaru. Almost all old black and white Telugu songs had sung by Ghantasala. So all music lovers of Telugu never ever forget him.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Cheeniya likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Kudos to you sir.
    The post demonstrates how profound and wide your interest in music and the love for those who laboured with such everlasting compositions that haunts the mind forever and make the listener sink in those pleasant stream(s).
    2. I enjoyed reading it very slowly to grasp but am sure those who enjoy such music are generally enjoy robusthealth and mental peace.
    3. Yes Sir you had sunk me in this post indeed.
    Thanks .
    Regards.

Cheeniya likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    Thank you for your surprising visit to this blog of mine. I just want to show how beautiful the musical world was in my young days.
    I intend following this series with another one on the famous playback singers of the past.
    Sri

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:music east or west is in the heart of all species including those awaiting their fiance or fiancee. I shall welcome even at ungodly hour with open arms.
    Thanks and REGARDS.

Cheeniya likes this.
  10. Rajijb

Rajijb Silver IL'ite

Baiju Bawra was the first hindi movie songs introduced to me by my father, became a huge fan of the songs...then of course Mughal-e-Azam, Mela, Leader, and many more Naushad’s gems.
    Rajendra Kumar...quite a number of lovely songshave been picturized on him..

Meena Kumari and Dilip Kumar..

Tuntun(UmaDevi)...