1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MUSIC ! and some nostalgia...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear paddy,

so glad to see you here sharing all those lovely memories.yes, can you imagine my embarrassment hahahh anyway like dh says,I fulfilled that wish too,right?

so you and your sis practised being celebrity singer sisters,is it? :biglaugh i agree absolutely innocent and FUN days !

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear dear jaya,

Would you think I am totally crazy and cuckoo in the head if I tell you I got you in my dream last night.:rotfl

it only shows that the topic is as dear to you as me so a big cheers to that :cheers

I cannot live without music. me too same category.:cheers

Mindi, just like you have written, the song Jeena Yahan Marna Yahan is my Dad's all time-favorite. He even enacts like Raj Kapoor and sings. It always brings a smile whenever I hear that song because I then recollect my daddy doing the Raj Kapoor pose.

oh really???? that is a sure coincidence,no?

[B]Akhiyon ke Jharoke Sey has been my all time favorite song growing up my college years. I remember singing this song in its entirety to anyone who would liste[/B]n

again,me too ! recently collected the lyrics and sang away to glory all alone here :biglaugh.

ohhhh that was so sweet of your bro..are you also only two of you?.reminds me of mine..i generally do not recomend my posts to others( as if i am forcing them to read,i feel) but if you have time do go over my thread " my brother and I " I am sure you will relate to it.:)

yeah i know about aadha hai chandrama but hey did NOT know it was phone romance. hahahah

Sorry for the long fb, I can write and write about music. There are so many songs that have some memory or other attached to it. It would take pages and pages I guess to write fully. :rotfl

it was an absolute pleasure so no need to apologize..i should know, because i think this was my longest post too.LOL.

my friend upstairs has bought a karaoke system and these days we just wait for her "free" days to enjoy our " own" voice.just when we girls wanna have fun :)

3. shree2506

shree2506 New IL'ite

Nice post Mindian..I too went back to my lovely childhood days in Mumbai..

4. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

I Love to hear the melodious voice of M.S. Subalakshmi carnatic song as well as shri vishnu sahasranamam &lalitha sahas by vijayalakshmi.when i am cooking in the kitchen

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Lovely post.Too good, and what a take .You took everyone back by years.

that song of Sridevi from Mr.India, wow, those days in 87 Sita was just born, and i associate it with her.

Kate nahin katte, din ye raat eh ! I have never found a sexier song, or a herione, she just looked stunning and sexy.

Another one i just loved, is Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na, withotu showing any cleavage, she looked so sexy, my my.SRK sings Chand mera Dil, the first time she is seen in college, what a woman and what a movie.

Your post made me 20 years younger, not necessarily wiser.HAHAHAAHHA

Too good.

Regards

kamal

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear vijji,

hey some of these are my favorites too..those days the lyrics were so good,no? thanks for joining me here with your favourites:)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sandhya,

thanks for joining me here with your memories on music.oh yes, i have gone through that phase too..finding out the lyrics and half the time it used to be from friends who gave their own words LOL..nowadays it is all so easy,no?

One particular song that touches my nerves even today is the song ennavale adi ennavale from kaadalan. This song was sung for me by my husband after our engagement when we met for the first time... so its very special for me.

ohhh that is soooo romantic..see, i must start doing that at least now so that we do not make a fool of ourselves in public hahahh

heres wishing you and hubby many more years of happiness and singing to each other :) why should it be a newly married thing only? right? :)

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Mindi a great trip down the memory lane. My dad too was a great fan fof Raj Kapoor and Mukesh but he was pretty irreverent about MS and joked about her Hindi diction when she sang Meera bhajans.(He thought her Chakar Rakoji sounded like Sakkadai Nathame or the stink of the sewer. And I love most of the songs you have listed,

9. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi Mindian,

Really according to me it is a nostalgia. what a powerful word.isn\t it. among all, whenever i am hearing the song palvadiyum mugam.....i feel very happy to hear the song. because something is in that song.....i sang this song during our first meeting.....with all elders...pen parkkum padalam. some long years back. then what engagement.

i like music very much. mostlyi like to hear the cds . good post.

this is my 500th post. feel vey happy about it.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi mallika,

good good ! i took you on a nostalgic trip too.:) of course i am no way a great singer too but that does not stop me from singing hahha let the others stuff cotton if they want to,no?

. Vaayilaye veena vasikaratha paaru!

Now that is quite an achievement hahahhI too love these songs -

LOVED your list of favourites..i have them all too.

U know for my nalangu I sang yeh zindagi usee ki hei .........
    All my relatives used to tease me saying u r gutsy to sing hindi song that too a love song

oh great yaar, i love that bindaas attitude after all all these days come only once no? have fun and let others have fun,right?

thats so cute of your hubby ..to switch on your fav channel...i am sure extra love goes in rolling out his chapathis,no? good , he deserves it.:)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010