1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music-A Saadhana!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 2, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Last night I got a chance to watch a Reality Music Show on a channel. They had invited a living legend in music. This was supposed to be the best, most versatile and quite successful pair of Bollywood in 60s and 70s.
    When they showed this person, he had arranged for a medley of songs from his choicest tracks. He was the conductor of the ‘100 piece live orchestra’ and the musicians were playing the tunes. As I am also fond of music, I just stopped for a while and got engrossed in it.
    What I noticed was amazing. I really wanna share it with you all. The conductor moves his hands; sometimes slowly, sometimes rigorously. The musicians play the instruments likewise. They are quite sure of what is to be followed next. I was wondering, how do they remember all that? The conductor should be very well versed with the full song: When to move his hands, how and where. He needs to have a very good memory. Just one mistake on his part will spoil the show. At the same time the musicians need to have a very good power of observation.A small mistake on their part will ruin the goodwill of the conductor as the music will go haywire. What made me stick to my TV was the way the musicians were enjoying playing songs on the instructions of a legend. They were looking very happy, all of them smiling and thoroughly enjoying the evening. I felt as if there was some connection between these people andGod for that particular moment.
    This incident is actually nothing great to mention about but what gave me immense pleasure is that, they all were so attentive, so observant, so happy and so respectful towards their senior. I just loved that feeling. I would like to draw a conclusion that music is nothing but worship, a way to be close to God. That’s people call it a “Saadhana” when it comes to learning music. Because only Saadhana can take you close to God Almighty
    Regs J

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anu,
    Music always pulls us into it.....no wonder you compared it with saadhana.....
    I remember a famous singer, when she was asked, "Music is like meditation....you singers are always close to God-blessed" and she said, "All rasikas are blessed too....not everyone enjoys music....whoever enjoys music is blessed too"
    How true!
    We are blessed to listen and enjoy all divine music .

2 people like this.
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Very true Bhargavi dear. We are all blessed with divinity.