Muscat Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi

nice to see so many present/ex "muscat..ites" here

I lived in Muscat from 1987 till 2003

Now a Chennai .. ite..

Only recently i have stopped my refrain of "back home".. much to the relief of my sisters and brothers !!

Loved Muscat... its clean environment ... its beaches .. its people ..

would be going there soon on a short visit :)

cheers

Bhooma

2. jan008

jan008 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Mrs. John from kerala, India. But now residing in Oman for the past many years. Like to start a ladies club for helping people. Those who are interested, pls write to me.
    Anna

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  3. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi Uma, My husband has been offerred a job in Sohar, he needs to reply to the offer in a day's time, I was wondering how much a single bedroom accomodation would cost us. We are three in our family with a 2.5yr old son. Also please do let me know about your thoughts about life in Sohar. Thanks

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sajitha,

Sohar is buzzing now. you get everything in sohar. rents are costlier now. Will ask my husband to reply to this in the morning, as I am in chennai. he will be able to guide you regarding the rental scenario now.you have an indian school there and also lot of indians.

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Sohar is the most happening place in Muscat... Currently the rents are increasing in Oman significantly.... The avg rent for a single bed room flat in Sohar is around 150-200 RO. Now with lot of Industries and families coming in, it is developing in a very big way... If you need anything specifically about... pls let me know...

Veda

6. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi shanthi and veda

Thanks a lot for your reply.......it helps. Well, this weekend we are planning to visit sohar. I am planning to look out for a gud residential area in Sohar and the house rents there. How do we go about doing this......do I buy any local newspaper and start my search?? Which is a gud residential area in Sohar, with nearby shopping centres, hospitals etc.

Here in UAE , rather than visiting hospital we have good clinics here........are there similar clinics in sohar??

Also, in order to apply for a work visa, should my husband get his qualification certificates attested from oman embassy or somewhere......How long does it usually take for a work visa to be granted?

Too many questions...just worried about shifting to a new place.......hope someone might be able to answer...thanks again

7. radhikas

radhikas New IL'ite

dear members
    i am radhika. kindly provide me details abt the place-food, weather, work culture etc.
    with regards
    radhikas

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

As per the latest ruling, if YDH is employed as a technical person, yes... Then the educational certificates has to be certified and attested from India... Otherwise, here the Company will get the formalities done... For getting an employment visa, it would normally take 2-3 weeks... Again it all depends on the Company and its position with the Labour Department....

There are some good clinics there... So no need to worry about...

If you be specific as to where the company is situated and the details, then I can enquire and let you know...

Veda

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Radhika,

Oman is a very good place for family life... It has natural beauty in abundance... You have lot of Indians... You have all types of food availabe... Typical Indian restaurants are there...

If you can be more specific as to what you want to know, then it will be easier...

Veda

10. sajithasajith

sajithasajith New IL'ite

Hi Veda

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies. Actually this is a UAE company and they want to set up their office in Sohar. And thats what my husband has to do for them......so it will be like working from home for him. So we are looking out for a 2 bedroom house in Sohar, so that he can convert one of the room into his office. Same like us, the company themselves doesnt have much idea about sohar even though they have their branch in Muscat. So maybe the company in Muscat will be carrying out the formalities regarding the visa and all.....not sure. HOpe u got an idea of our situation. So the manager here has requested my husband to visit the place and give him a report regarding the expenses and such.......thanks a lot for your help

sajitha