Muralitharan Bio Pic And The Storm In Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SGBV, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Cheeniya sir. I respect your decision & advice.

Just to give you some more insights from the recent developments.

There is an uproar in Tamil Nadu against Muralitharan's bio pic, because of his association with Rajapaksha's political party. They bring Sri Lankan war and Genocide as a reason to this.

Meanwhile this is happening in Sri Lanka.--->

1. Young Tamil politicians hailed from Northern province (Angajan Ramanathan), Eastern province (Viyalendran) and Central province (Jeevan Thondaman) claimed highest preferential votes in the recent parliamentary election and all of them competed under Rajapaksha's party. FYI, Tamils predominantly live in all the 3 provinces of Sri Lanka. What does it tell to you????
    If Sri Lankan Tamils believe associating with Rajapaksha is a crime, these 3 young politicians wouldn't have claimed the highest Tamil votes in the election.

2. M.A Sumanthiran openly criticized LTTE's arm fight, and said he can never accept that. For which, he faced a lot of criticism from Tamil Nadu as well as Sri lankan diaspora. But he claimed the second highest votes among Tamils in Jaffna district to be selected as parliamentarian.
    But you accuse me and suspect my identity for telling the same.

3. Karuna Amman - known as the traitor alias Ettappan of Tamizh Eazham by Tamil Nadu media, has joined politics under Rajapaksha's party, elected as a MP, and then as a state minister earlier. He still has the support of his followers from the East. He broke up from the LTTE claiming they were systematically ignoring the interest of the Eastern people, though many Eastern soldiers (under Karuna) fought for LTTE from the beginning.
    I can't even begin to imagine the fate of Karuna amman if he was living in Tamil Nadu.

And the list is so big... But you still make a mountain out of a mole hill like Muralitharan's association with Rajapaksha's party as if it was a crime and protest against his bio pic. Doesn't it sound fishy????

Looks like "some" Tamil Nadu people are still holding onto the genocide while Sri Lankans have moved on so much from that since the past decade. Reason being, we live with the facts, with the truth and with full of hope for the best.
    But you are being fooled by the selfish politicians & one sided media who politicize Sri Lankan problems for a good business. It doesn't do any good to us.

Honestly speaking, India has a lot more issues than what they are projecting about Sri Lankan issues. It is all mind games! Beware

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I can see what you are trying to do here. So be it. Best wishes:biggrin:

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am so happy that you could finally see this. Glad & thank you!

4. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I can see how Sgbv's post might sound condescending. But the most i don't understand is how Tamilians are portraying an actual victim of the war as a villian here. All common citizens (*all*) of that country have a right to feel relief with the end of the war. They have a right to move on from those horrible days. The tamilians living safely in India ought to tone down on their offense-taking levels and help that nation heal.

Laks09 likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I can see what you couldn't see in this thread.
    If we have moved on from those days, there is no business for those who benefited from our war.
    The war & genocide was their ONLY investment be it Politics, social media like YouTube, cinema etc... And especially those migrated on refugee visa (Sri Lankans).
    The end of war is equal to end of money if i put it bluntly.

None of them support to feed the war orphans, build the lives of war widows or disabled as they are still struggling to survive. But provoke the youth towards another battle field.
    Even if a second war is to begin, do you think these fellows will join & fight? Nope!
    They will make money again by sympathising our problems.

Their biggest market is the emotional, ignorant people who can be easily provoked with anything sensitive be it race or caste or religion.

They simply don't market this kind of materials in Sri Lanka because they buyers are relatively very low in numbers. (Not just small population but very small number of sensitive people to react)

6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

That is exactly my point people all over the world find ways to make a change but LTTE thought that they are powerful and Prabakaran is God and since they managed to smuggle weapons and get millions of $ from the Sri Lankan Tamil diaspora they can resort to violence, if the LTTE spent all the money on people welfare the Tamil community in Sri Lanka would have been in a much better place.

7. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

During the war time both the parties committed war crimes and I feel Sri Lankan people moved on from those days but TN politicians are not ready to move on and use SL issue as an opportunity.

We lived 5 years under LTTE controlled area in that time

They didn’t allow anybody to wear any western clothes or clothes above your knee or sleeveless dress.
    They banned all the Tamil movies
    In 1995 forcefully took 1 month of salary from every single government employee
    In 1990 they forcefully collected 40g of gold from every single family from Jaffna and they said they were going to return but never did.
    LTTE didn’t allow anybody between 14-35 to move out of their controlled area, and my sister was 15 years old so we couldn’t flee from there.
    LTTE had a big base next to our home and once the Army took control, they allowed us to see inside. When I went there, it shocked me.Inside they had computers, TV, spas and even swimming pools. In those 5 years we lived like a gypsy.
    Nowadays some Sri Lankan Tamil people in western countries collect donations from others and organize Eelam events, and they are using this as an opportunity to make money.
    LTTE leaders had a luxury life, and it was never transparent to public.They allowed Nobody inside their bases.

Government side issues

They didn’t send enough medicine to the public
    Took our home and didn’t allow us to go for 25 years.
    blocked all communication with the outside world.
    destroyed and failed to provide electricity
    bombed churches and hospitals.
    Didn’t send enough food

There is no hero here.War is over and people from Jaffna have moved on from those days, but still people live in western countries and TN politicians using this as an opportunity to make money.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The people of SL are moving on from their war and they are integrating within their constitutional government and making peace. They are aligning with whom they see fit. Their Govt is making an attempt to forge peace. The Indian politicians who haven’t been in their situation, haven’t lived through a Genocide are trying to incite Indians with a myopic view of the problem. Nobody is trying to give the past SL govt a free pass for the war but it’s over and the people have a right to pick up pieces of their lives as they see fit. They want to integrate and be Sri Lankan but the people in India won’t allow them because the Sinhalese Govt in the past made grave mistakes. The fact that people who were entrapped in a war are moving on doesn’t mean that they have swept the war under the carpet. There will be long standing impacts for the next couple of generations. What they are doing is trying to ensure their future generations aren’t impacted as much as they have been. They have a right to move on.

If Indian politicians are so worried about the Tamils in SL, then why are they not working on the plight of the Sri Lankan refugees who to this day live in refugee camps in TN, have no rights in India, cannot get out of those camps, can’t work up the ladder because of their refugee status and have no path to Citizenship in India after living there for what three decades now? If questions are to be asked, I would start on Indian soil and work my way to SL from there.

deepthyanoop, Swetha52003 and SGBV like this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @abcd5 for sharing your first hand experience. People like you should be raising your voice whenever others try to twist & turn the facts by trying to be your voice.

The world suffers lot not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people.

I hope this thread will help our loving brothers and sisters from Tamil Nadu to have some perspectives about Srilankan war.

I reiterate, both the Government & LTTE was responsible for the genocide & war crimes in Srilanka.
    Both should be held responsible & pay the price for what they have committed.
    We don't think LTTE was God or anything as such like how they are glorified in Tamil Nadu.

As responsible citizens we must move our cards strategically and definitely NOT foolishly.

We don't need Tamizh Eazham or another leader for that matter. We are very clear on this.
    But if Tamil Nadu people want one, they are free to pick their battle within their borders. I am sure they have plenty of battles to pick.

10. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

True. Why was srilanka not included in our CAA?
    TN politicians didn't question that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.