Muralitharan Bio Pic And The Storm In Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SGBV, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

The United Nations had a pretty clear idea of what was happening in the killing fields of Sri Lanka during the bloody climax of civil war. Yet it suppressed or diluted that information, utterly failing in its core mission of protecting civilians.
    UN itself made the admission
    the UN — unlike the International Committee of the Red Cross — had abandoned the Vanni region as the war escalated, and purposely avoided revealing casualty figures collated by its staff in Colombo. Even when issuing the woefully minimized numbers, it deliberately omitted mentioning what it incontrovertibly knew: the majority of civilian casualties were caused by Sri Lanka’s military forces, primarily inside government-declared safe zones, as well as attacks against hospitals. But the UN cast blame solely on the Tigers.
    Colombo withheld and withdrew visas for foreign staff as a means of controlling the message; several resident co-ordinators — the UN’s senior officials in the country — were either declared persona non grata or were threatened with it. Government-friendly media published “false and intimidating allegations” against staff. “Moreover, the UN’s computer system, emails and telephones were understood to be entirely compromised by external surveillance.”
    With the shelling of a 58-truck UN food convoy in January 2009, they had first-hand evidence that the army was firing into designated no-fire zones.

all these are from neutral international media.

2. chanchitra

i dont care if this movie is made or who acts in it.
    but dont sugercoat the inhuman atrocities by the srilankan govt

3. chanchitra

you will have to tweet THEM then. attack them on social media. launch a petition
    there is no point in yelling in this group.

4. chanchitra

Can you provide proof??

sangeethakripa, Swetha52003 and dars like this.
  5. chanchitra

Can you provide proof for this??

sangeethakripa, Swetha52003 and dars like this.
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

No one here is telling you which side you have to take. In fact it is you who is stating that we are not taking the correct side. Please read your post and responses properly. I dont support the war either. War isn't a solution for anything. But the sole ownership of what happened cant be pinned on the ltte. What's rightfully theirs weren't provided and hence the war was initiated. How much ever you deny thats the truth. Throughout your post you are trying to downplay the role of the main accused. And oh please seeman is trolled by the tamil media equally. No one in the right mind will take him seriously much less basing our arguments on his speeches. Any wrong has to be confronted with truth and not with the fear of inviting someone's wrath. The peace achieved thereby is nothing but an illusion. When a child gets bullied by another child it has various options to teach him a lesson or expose him or keep quiet so he won't get beaten up again. But telling the child to not react or teaching it that it deserves the bullying or making it believe that bullying never happened and its only in its mind is not ensuring peace by any stretch. Sure some people may take that option. They are free to do so but let them not preach others that opression never happened and hence the fight was unnecessary or downplay the oppressors role by quoting that the victim has oppressed another party and its perfectly fine that the oppressor takes advantage of the situation and washes his hand off. I have nothing to offer you if you wish to be in denial. Any form of oppression is wrong. Yes hilly area tamilians were not accepted by the srilankan tamilians. That could and should have been mended but quoting that to hide the atrocities of the srilankan govt is insufferable. You can believe what you want but don't tell others that they haven't gotten their facts right just because theirs dont co incide with what you choose to believe.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Agathinai and Swetha52003 like this.
  7. stayblessed

Exactly sugar coating is the problem in this whole post and the truth is till date equality is nothing but a dream for the tamils there right from education to job. Being in fools paradise is no solution.

chanchitra and Swetha52003 like this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@chanchitra
    I think you have a problem in understanding. I am sorry for that.

No where in my post i sugarcoated or undermined the war crimes happened in Sri Lanka. It is a universal truth and it comes with evidence. No one can deny that.

But in my post, like all neutral international sources, I blamed BOTH parties for the heinous crimes performed.
    This is where i differed from most Tamil nadu based media which glorified one side as if they were Gods. I deny that. Period.

Besides that, I urged all of you to depend on first hand neutral evidences than politicized sources. That's all.

I explained all this to clear the misconception of most Tamil nadu based people as they seem empathetic, but ignorant in this matter.
    Which upsets us, because we see too much of them talking and twisting our facts.

We are definitely low in numbers to counter argue or prove anything, and that's clearly not necessary here.

We work on petitions to prove the war crime and make those who responsible for the crimes to pay for it. But we feel this kind of atmosphere (this Murali case) divert our cause here.
    It may support some silly political agenda of Tamil nadu politicians, but not us.

By the way, my title is about Murali's bio pic and not about Sri Lankan war. Because they are totally unrelated subjects, but are politicized by few selfish idiots.

But.... Perhaps someone is seriously bothered about showing the 'real' Srilanka to the Indians, because it can seriously differ from what they have portrayed all these while.

9. stayblessed

Bitter realities. :coldsweat:

Swetha52003 and chanchitra like this.
  10. chanchitra

you too

Swetha52003 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.