Munich Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. leenasanjay

leenasanjay New IL'ite

Hello Latha
    Thanks for your reply. I found out Neubiberg to be on S6 line from the map of Munich's Public transportation. Your earlier posts say that you have been in Munich for around 1 1/2 yr and quite a long time in Dusseldorf. So howz life been till now in Germany as such.

Which school does your son attend? Our daughter Tanvi will be 4 this June. Will she be eligible for preschool admission over there. I suppose academic year there starts in Aug/Sept. But I think all these things can be decided only after our place of residence is fixed. Till then just doing a little bit of homework.

I am right now at Hyderabad at my parents place as my daughters summer vacation had started. Came here 10 days back. My Inlaws are at Ahmednagar near to Pune. Tanvi was attending a nursery school at Ahmednagar. I have heard that German Proficiency A1 level certificate is made necessary now for spouses according to a new rule. Since you have been in Germany for so long you must be fluent at it now.

I have also done some browsing and got few addresses of Indian stores in Munich. Our other members and newcomers may find it useful.

1.HAT BAZAR (Near Munich Hauptbahnhof)
    Adolf Kolping Strasse.4, 80336 Tel:089-55088990

2.Kohinoor (Near Munich Hauptbahnhof) -
    Adolf-Kolping Strasse 10,
    (near Karlsplatz-Stachus)
    80336 Munich.
    Tel: 089 554522

3.Bollywood Store (Not very far from Hauptbahnhof)
    Augusten Strasse 88,
    80795 Munchen. Tel:089-39290682
    Near Hbf with U2/U8 direct on Theresien Str.

4.Asia Feinkost Haus Van Hoi
    Augustenstrasse 51,
    80333 Munich.
    Tel:089 52350959

5.Asia Markt
    Bayer Straße 2,
    80335, Munich
    Tel: 089 553619

6.Asien Bazar
    Donnersberger Straße 38,
    80634 Neuhausen-Nymphenburg, Munich
    Tel: (089) 131703

7.Haschemi Markt
    Bayer Straße 8,
    80335 München.

8.Indian Store
    Schleißheimer Straße 9,
    Munich
    Tel: (089) 57004194

9.Kashmir Bazar
    Schwanthaler Straße 24
    80336 Munich
    Tel: (089) 54 82 86 31

10.Hong Kong Market
    Rosenheimer Straße 30 (in Motoroma shopping complex)
    81669, Munich.
    Tel: (089) 48 06 81 98

11.Punjabi GmbH (Not in the vicinity of Hauptbahnhof)
    Riesenfeldstr. 115
    80809 München,
    Tel:089 32210319

HOW ABOUT OTHER INDUS LADIES FRIENDS IN MUNICH?

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Leena,

Yes, we've been in Germany since 2003. Learning German to get visa wasn't a requisite then. I studied for 8 months at the Volkshochschule and then due to everyday interactions i am able to manage pretty well.

Children are taken in for pre-school/kindergarten from age 3. Most schools insist on toilet trained kids! Yes the academic year is from september though private, parent initiatives might take in during the running year if there's an unexpected vacancy. I'm not at all familiar with the suburb you're mentioning so unable to come up with any reco.

I shop regularly at Kohinoor, Hat, hongkong market. Other shops i found lacked choices.

Good question... we Munich ladies haven't met until now. May be we should all think about a get-together this summer!

Latha

3. leenasanjay

leenasanjay New IL'ite

Hi Latha

To help you about Neubiberg, I see that it is 3 stops after Quiddestrasse (the area that Kavyamadhav mentiones as her residence). Quiddestrasse falls on U5 line which ends at Neuperlach Sud. and after Neuperlach Sud comes Neubiberg. Sud is a bahnhof where both U5 and S6 lines run.

Lets see if she can help me out about our accomodation.

4. NeehaReddy

NeehaReddy New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Neelima, living in near to Columbus Pltz, Munich.
    I came from hyderabad.
    If any one of you are neat to that place, kindly reply me.

5. Sreerangam

Sreerangam New IL'ite

Hallo Everybody,

I'm sreelatha from hyderabad staying in munich since 1.5 yrs near giesing.
    Is any one near by...

bye,
    latha.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hello Neelima and Sreelatha,

Welcome to Indusladies !

Hope you are having great time in Germany.Please browse through the various forums to get acquainted with the site and would love to hear more from you.

Have a nice stay in IL .As Latha suggested ,would be great if we could see mesmerizing Munich ladies in a meet up.:thumbsup

7. Ruhi

Ruhi Senior IL'ite

8. vaniram

vaniram New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Vani, married and have a 1 year old baby girl.
    I am from Andhra.
    We moved to Munich 10 days back. As of now, we are staying in hotel in PFALZER-WALD-STR.2. We are still searching for an apt. We want to move to any apt nearby some Indians.
    Is anyone nearby to my location? If yes, I will be very much happy to meet you.

Vani.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vani,

It's really hard to find an apt with an Indian neighbour unless you really know someone already. Unlike in the US the professional Indian population here do not live in any particular area. The best deal for you would be to find a location close to your husband's work place, closer to shopping and other amenities (since I assume you'll not be driving here) and with good, no-nonsense neighbours. Some elderly or single or childless couple might be a real nuisance! Is the company not helping you out with apartment search? That would be the easiest way. We found ours too only with the help of a relocation agent paid for by the company. Otherwise without knowing the language it can be quite a hassle.

Good luck.

Latha

10. Debsi

Debsi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all doing fine.

I have been living in Munich since last 5 months. My husband is on a project over here.

Can anybody share their experience of working on spouse visa in Germany. I am a human resource executive ready to take job in HR or administrative field. I also have a teaching experience of 3 years.

Looking forward for your inputs.

Regards,
    Swati