1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mungaru Maley

Discussion in 'Movies' started by wfsmurthy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wfsmurthy

wfsmurthy New IL'ite

Hi All,
    This movie has had the greatest returns in terms of money & has set a record in Kannda Film Industry.People have been liking this movie, songs are ultimate & we have never heard songs being soo good with a mix of both western & Desi styles. Few scenes in some of the songs are awesome. We will be screening this movie very soon in twin cities in US.
    Lets hear both good and bad reviews(if any) from all of you who have watched this movie on big screen.
    Sandhya

Similar Threads
    1. sihi
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Recently I had been to Bangalore, I saw this movie was a big hit.
    I didn't get a chance to watch this movie, but I brought a music CD.
    Songs were awesome. I really like them so much, even my husband too..
    After so many years, I liked some good songs from kannada.
    ~Punitha

3. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,
    I stay in Bangalore and so have the chance of watching every other kannada movie.:-D
    Mungaru male is a very good movie. It has some beautiful locales shot in our very own Karnataka... And music is awesome... The story line is simple but the way its narrated makes a difference.. The actors have also done their job well...
    Its a must watch for all kannadigas...

I will not give you more details about the story... Let it be a suspense... Hope you like the movie...

-Devotee

4. sushmasampath

sushmasampath New IL'ite

hi sandhya,

Its a great movie to watch.simple,yet touching love story.

it has actors(who have turned into stars)GANESH,an anchor of popular tv show,SANJANA GANDHI,ANANTHNAG.......

It has beautiful locales....never before view of JOG falls,soulful music and some good performances.

happy watching!you have to get drenched in this rain to know this bliss.:wave

5. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Saw this movie in Blr while on vacation. The theatre was full.. many people watching the movie for the 5th or 10th time. First the pluses: 1. music is great, very good to listen. 2. Cinematography is excellent - the locales are very well chosen and photographed. The jog falls scene takes your breath away. 3. Story / plot - is fairly interesting with a nice twist in the end. A little different from the run of the mill love stories.
    On the flip side, I didn't like the hero - I believe Ganesh is the latest hearthrob but he is just ok - looks and acting. The heroine is pretty and acts fine. The senior actors (esp Anant Nag) are quite good. All in all an enjoyable movie - worth watching once. Buy the CD though!

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

At long last, i managed to see Mungaru Maley when it is already edging towards silver jubilee!
    The reaction of the fans in the theare was unbelievable ! Ganesh has really captivated the younger generation ! Though he does not have great looks, i think he is a pleasant looking boy, with a casual style of acting. Most of all, the way he keeps smiling through his failures was very endearing.
    I thought the heroine's role was very sketchy, she was not a 3-D character, more a cardboard cut out . Ananth Nag was superb, so also the hero's mother.

The best thing i liked about the movie was of course the rain. It was almost another character. The director has ingeneously used various degrees of rain to complement the moods of the scenes. The photography and locales are stunning.

One more reason to congratulate the director : The "villain" manages to get our sympathy after all ! And the scene where both the hero and the villain sit together , commisserating with each other and drowning their common sorrow in the rain and in toddy was a totally novel treatment.
    The only thing i found a bit irritating and stagey was that rabbit, Devdas.

The songs of course are Superlative. Though "anisuthidey" is top class, very soothing and pleasing, i also love the peppy "Vismaya" song and "Ondey ondu sari" both of which i find myself humming these days !

manjula

7. supu15

supu15 Guest

pls can u tell me where is the mungaru male movie link. how to watch this movie?