1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mum In Law

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Sep 6, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

A hundred word story... Believe me... it was tough!

Meenakshi was a would-be mother- in - law…She was in Chennai Silks, selecting a saree for her son’s bride.
    Meenakshi looked at her son and Bhumika, her son’s bride. The two seemed to have forgotten the world around them. Bhumika was holding a parrot green saree against herself and looking at her son coquettishly. Looking smitten, he mumbled that she’d look ravishing in it. With a blush the girl told the salesgirl to pack it.
    As they moved ahead towards the counter, Meenakshi thrust a copper-sulphate saree at the salesgirl. 'Not the parrot green,' she said, 'Pack this!'

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom
    I have always wondered where exactly the mil/dil tussle really statrted! Now I know! Brevity is your forte, Twinsmom. You can explain the genesis of a million year old riddle in 100 words!
    Sri

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,
    There wouldnot have been any tussle had if MIL had agreed for what DIL had wanted, or DIL had agreed for what MIL choose or atleast the man is ready to satisfy both. Ha Ha Ha.

Dear Twinsmom,
    That was a nice short story. It would have been nice if the MIL had accepted what her DIL had chosen after all it should be her choice.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajmi
    You are talking about a very logical and rationalistic solution to a complex problem. Where is logic or rationality in a mil/dil tussle? These tussles are a result of a feeling of insecurity and possessiveness!
    Even if the purse of the son accommodated both, the same situation would have emerged!
    Sri

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

When it comes to MIL and:yes: DIL " The arguement continues".

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, no, Twinsmom, you are not revealing all our "behind the screen" tricks - men are waiting to grab these pieces of information about us, as we are already seeing !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hahahaha! I can see I have thrown a stone at a hornet's nest.... Let us see where this leads to...

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

with due apologies... It was frightening for me to think that in a few years' time... I'll be a Mum in law...and I definitely dont want to be like the one in my tale!:shaking: :shaking:

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom,
    When you become a MOM in law, become a MUM in law as well - keep mum, do not order about the salesgirl !
    I am alread a MOM in law, so I have learnt to be a MUM in law as well.What else for? - only reasons of personal safety !:-D
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear viju,
    i hope u follow what u have shown here, yes mom to mum, or even mmmmmmmmmm is better....other wise u loose the fun of life...sunkan

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My god twinsmom,

You just need 100 words to make people forget logics and take sides.....

Well you have put a stone...let us see how far this goes....let me take a back seat and enjoy...

P.S. Let me know what you did at the appropriate time...