1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mucchad

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mucchad​

A few days back,sitting with my nightly nectar,I was watching NDTV news, and heard a strange piece of news.Air India dismissed an employee, some Mr.De (maybe a cousin of Shoha De), for keeping a big moustache.It seems they allow a moustache over the lip, but not over the face, a la Makhan Singh and Dhakhan Singh, the inlaws and outlaws of the Chambal.

Mr.De went to court, challenging his dismissal,against the ground that if Silkhs can keep Turbans, he surely can keep a Muchhi.And he said to the learned judge, that look at the mascot of Air India, the Maharaja, who is advertised with a long moustache,and the passengers expect every employee of Air India to have a big one, i mean the moustache, and nothing else !

Let us see what happens, though if i were the judge, I would side Mr.De.I too keep one, and it is difficult to keep and maintain one really.Every week i see hair sprouting here and there.and with a scissors u have to keep trimming it.And with white ones a plenty, i have to uproot them from the roots, and keep the edges same,sometimes one side droops more than the other, and the balancing act is very taxing.So its not everyone's cup of tea to keep one.Only the very brave do so.

And curds have a habit of leaving their mark on my muchi, i have to be reminded by my wife to wipe them after lunch.And Tuffy must lick my muchi when i am asleep, as he finds many a taste on it, like some choclates, curds, and other goodies,and mostly his lips touch my mouth early in the morning, and I wonder who is unfortunate to kiss me so early.At that precise moment, I am dreaming about Dolly Parton , and there i am sadly awaken with a start,stupid Tuffy.

Reminding me of Rakhee Sawant,well she takes the cake and everything.Did u guys and gals see her on Valentine's day, slapping her boyfriend in front of her mother, and dozens of TV Channels,who have no Kaam Dhanda but to feature her on this lovely day.All my maids have been better looking than RS.God knows what her BF finds in her.But then i am reminded of the saying
    " Jab Gadhi pasand Ho, To Pari Kya cheez hai"
    And as Shakesphere has rightly said " Beauty lies in the eyes of the Beholder" This BF must get his eyes checked for sure.

Coming back to the mostaches.My Uncle, used to keep the normal one, but with pointed edges.And he used to be in deep thought, he used to keep twirling the edges and irritate me no end.Ive seen Sardars, when they eat the prasad at the Gurudwaras, they wipe the oily hands on their beards and mustaches,and my Tuffy would have loved to have a lick at them.

My daughters when they were young, used to love to play with my mustache, and the hard beard, and run their forearm against them,and squal in delight.Alas they are now grown up,and now have to deal with moustaches of guys their age.

I only hope Indus dosnt debar Mustache guys from blogging, otherwise i will have to shave off,and wave off Goodbye.They have stood me in good stead, thorugh all the roughs of life, and just for a new friend( Indus),I can't let go off an old friend my moustache.So it is for Indus to decide whether to keep me or not.Indus decide my fate.Amen

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Big LaughBig LaughThis was a really a funny wrtie up on mucchis...........hahahaha
    My Dad is 70 and he still has nice thick moustach...........ya it is all white now but for that I usually call him macho man.........
    My Dh too have and I too see him removing all the white ones some times everytime trimming them, he pampers them too much, I just tease him for that, and sit and laugh.............hahahaha ya you really need to be brave to have themBig Laugh

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji
    BowAwesome..in your usual inimitable style too.. my vote never ever remove it!?!? what were you thinking when you wrote..my dh has one and cannot imgaine him without it..so do retain my friend..

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,
    After a looooooong time! Hello. I am back here.

Was chuckling all the way through reading this. Put in a couple of Yech!!!s while reading about residues collected by moustache! ODIOUS! And personally I feel R S is as odious as residues on moustaches... The very sight of that female makes me want to puke.... I don't know what people see in her! And the media obsession with her is another yech!! If your maids have better look than RS mine have better class.... ( heh...heh... What a character assassination we are indulging in!)
    Anyway, loved reading your ramble!
    Regards
    twinsmom

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Verbose,

Yes RS would not be fit to be mnmy maid.HAHA.U know u and me aer gossipy people, but isnt gossip nice and healthy.I should have been a woman this birth, the way i gossip.But gossip keeps me cheerful and helps me spread cheerfullness.Regards.kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chitra,

HAHA.I will never remove it dont worry.My wife will never recognize me without my mouch, and i will be behind bars u know. I hope Indus dosnt ever have to tell me to choose between Indus and my mouche.REgards.kamal

Aruna,

Dont yr dear Husband's mouch tickele u Aruna.HAHA.Yes it takes guts to keep moiuches , and take good care of them.Army men are know to be very possessive.BowRegards.kamal

7. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I showed this post to my hubby who immediately said "At last someone to sing the praises of hair on a Male"...He asks me to type here to express his support for your views.

When I met him, my cousins teased me by saying "Hey give your hubby a bowl of Sevaiyan, he will swallow the milk & the Sevaiyan will be blocked by his Muchchad"

Hubby says it is pride & joy. His request : Males with muchchads unite!

Cheers,

Corallux

8. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,

apke bare main kaafi sunna tha mom se, but after reading your snippet I must say I was having a tough time containing the stitch in my sides. My husband was wondering what made me roll out with laughter so much. i loved reading about the mucchi and must say some parts made me yech like tuffy licking the mucchi hmmm

Great piece

With warm wishes

Aqua

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Humorous Kamalji.

I am reminded of the movie Golmal where Utpal Dutt gives a lot of importance to men with moustache. He interviews Amol Palekar and is impressed that the later has a moustache.

Amol Palekar tells him "Manushya ko apne aadarsh aur muchon ka uchit aadhar karna chahiye. Moustache is the mirror of human soul and mind(!!!)....mooch to man ka darpan hai"

Utpal Dutt who by now is very impressed with Amol Palekar tells him "Jiske paas mooch nahi hai, uske paas man nahi hai!"

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivedi,

Yes Golmaal was a classic movie really.Who can forget Utpal Dutt and his love for moustaches.He was obessed with them.So are most men I feel.HAHA.I am ok with them.Regards.kamal

Aqua,

Thanks for liking my silly piece.Say hi to yr husband .And tell me who is yr mom, who told u about me ? Curious to know.Regards.kamal

Coral,

Sevaiyan.HAHA.Good one.Yes yr husband is my Muchi Friend now.give him my regards.Reg Tuffy, well he does lick my face every morning.He sleeps with us in the room, so that’s his way of waking me up for my morning walks.Regards.kamal