1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mr. and mrs. crow and other crow stories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHA.Classic hilarious, and superb. one of the best posts i have been priviliged to read in a long time.Mrs crow eh! HAHA

Well my granny and her mother, used to take out one piece of chappati first for hte crow to eat, and then they would eat.i used to find it very funny, well now that u say, they could be our ancestors eh !

And they say, crows have one good quality they will never eat food alone, they share it, they caw caw till their frinds and relatives come and only then they eat.unlike us selfish humans eh !

My brother he was a body builder , used to have a dozen boiled eggs fro breakfast, but he would not eat the yellow part of the egg.He used to keep it on the window sill, and the crows would come and eat it.

Our building went under repairs, the crows could not ocme in, but they would start yelling, and even if brother had no mood to eat eggs that day, for them he had to have eggs eh !

Unfortunately we dont havecrows in jaipur, i yearn to see one, af ter having lived with them half my life in mumbai.

Superb peice satchi.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Kamalji. When you said your grandmom and her mom used to leave out chappatis for the crows, I remembered my mom used to do the same. Felt a sudden pang of sadness thinking they must be missing that now. They used to come and caw for the rice at the exact time everyday.