1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mozhi

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Geetha24, Feb 25, 2007.

1. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi ,
    i watched mozhi thrice , each time i laughed heartfully. expressions the actors shown on the face is worth to enjoy unlike other films in which we 've to teach whats acting to the heroes.
    a good timing sense of comedyin this film add ed feather to the crown.
    A GOOD CLASSIC MOVIE IN TAMIL AFTERa ALONG BREAK.
    i enjoyed the jo's acting .
    songs are excellent ---no dappankuthu songs or gana songs.
    the film's standard is excellent . when i looked at other movies same triangle love or adithadi vettu kuthu, i used to think what that director was thinking about audience ?and were we that much cheap to accept one idiot story or acting ?

but mozhi makes me to applause the director (radha mohan!!!)and all the actore for their excellence in acting!no mozhi is needed for anyone to speak greatly about them!!
    regards,
    harini:yes: :2thumbsup:

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello ,
    At last I got a chance to watch this movie over the weekend.
    It was very good.
    I like jyothika's acting very much.
    Worth watching movie.

Thanks,
    Punitha

3. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

I got to see Mozhi as well. It is a very clean movie which is worth watching with young children. Superb acting by Jyothika and Prithviraj. Clean comedy by Prakash Raj.

Katrin mozhi is a very melodious song.

I enjoyed the movie very much.

2 people like this.
  4. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Just got to see Mozhi after reading all your reviews. Late as usual. :oops: . I loved the movie. What a well taken and moving story! It was an enjoyable movie throughout, hilarious too. No unnecessary fighting and sob-sob scenes.

It is a thought provoking story about a beautiful mute girl, Archana (Jothika). It makes you ponder about the silent world of deaf people. It may be a silent world but it is a beautiful world it its own way. The people who live in that world too have feelings, talents, capabilities and ambitions.

It is hilarious yet a humbling and an insightful experience when Karthik (Pritiviraj) decides to enter the silent realm to understand Archana better. It is a short scene yet quite powerful.

What is also beautiful is Karthik’s character. His love for music, great sympathy and understanding for the professor and the little mute flower girl, his generous heart and his love for Archana.

Same goes for Archana's portrayal as a mute person and the reasons for her tough veneer. Viji’s character (Prakash Raj) is fantastic. Sheila’s character (Swarnamalya) too is enchanting. And all other minor characters – Anandakrishna, the secretary of the building, his wife Janu, and the professor are interesting.

And the songs ...they have sung their way into my heart, nay my soul.

Such a serious social issue but very well presented to remain etched in the minds of many viewers. One of the best movies I have ever watched. Watched it 3 times.