Moving to The Gardens in Dubai - Need info on Gas connection

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by MaliniRaghu, Dec 8, 2011.

1. vigneshnaidu

vigneshnaidu New IL'ite

Hi Malini,

I am not sure abt the Gas Connection I guess u have to contact the Garden Security they will assist you but for all other Maintaince related issues... you can call 8008200.. (Imdaad) they are FM Service Providers.

You may enquire about Gas connection on that number also I guess.

Just give a try

thanks
    Vignesh

2. olive09

olive09 Junior IL'ite

Hi Malini, glad you like the Gardens. Even I like the surroundings/walkpaths and the lil parks we have around. I have a few friends here but quite a few have left the place in the last year or so....I am open to more friends:) as for ur query on maids, I have a reliable SriLankan (part timer) for the last year and a half...her no is 0559161820...u could call her and check. Also, have u sorted the gas connection problem by now? We have oasis gas connection which is quite good. Btw, which building are u in? Do take care

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey malini..

i live in discovery gardens and we have central gas here. I understand its the same system there.

what we had to do was contact lootah gas; i guess along with a deposit amount, passport copy, your tenancy contract you need to get in touch with them. After they receive it and process your request- they will send their person to your place to activate the connection. You need to have your cooking range (they have certain specifications that you need to meet in terms of the cooking range) ready and he will finish the work within half an hour.

i understand the initial deposit is 500 or 1000 (refundable) and the rest is based on consumption. I understand they send you a bill every 3 months. We shifted here in November and we havent received a bill yet; though they did come and take the readings.

we got the entire gas issue sorted out in 5 days.

hope this helps :)

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey angel1719...

i stay in discovery gardens... and we got the place through an agent..

the rents are quite ok and i understand a 2 br is going for 50-53k in my bldg..

i understand the rents in the gardens is lower but then you need to shell a lot on the chiler charge- which turns out to equal the rents in discovery gardens (as of now we dont pay any extra chiller charge; its on the owner)...

5. MaliniRaghu

MaliniRaghu New IL'ite

hey olive...
    hey thanks a lot for the number. it was very helpful.
    did u get my earlier message...i replied to you a week back but then somehow it is not appearing here..wierd.. :)..
    anyway..i am in building 116..where is yours...
    pls do private message me your number..may be we could catch you..
    take care
    malini

6. MaliniRaghu

MaliniRaghu New IL'ite

hey everybody..
    thanks a lot for all your replies..we figured out the gas connection...
    take care
    malini

7. olive09

olive09 Junior IL'ite

Hi Malini, you are welcome. No, I dont think there was any message from you earlier.....not that I saw. I am in building 18........hey, i am not too sure i can send you a private message as yet because i havent completed the no of posts reqd.....or am I wrong? guide me on this....would love to exchange no's and possibly our kids could meet and play with each other. U take care

8. olive09

olive09 Junior IL'ite

Hey Shaytel, sorry for over looking your post till now. Yes, we have playgrounds with slides/swings in the Gardens and I do see a lot of kids playing in the parks, most of them with thier nannies and some with thier moms. Near where I live we have 2 small play parks and a swimming pool too...there is an empty play area nearby. I used to be frequent earlier, not so much now. If you plan to come along with your daughter, i could perhaps join you. Do let me know.

9. MaliniRaghu

MaliniRaghu New IL'ite

hey olive :) even i cant a private message to you...:( so may be we can decide on a place and convenient time and meet up. what say you?

cheers
    malini

10. meenachithu

meenachithu Junior IL'ite

Re: Moving to The Gardens in Dubai - Need info

Hi malini,

I have just moved in to The Gardens. New to dubai too. Need to take internet connection and tv connection. I heard we have only Etisalat in gardens. Can u plz guide me in it.

Thanks n Regards
    Chithra