1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Sunnvale

Discussion in 'New to Bay Area' started by quizzer, Aug 19, 2008.

1. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I will be moving this weekend to sunnyvale with my wife and kid.

Can you tell me about

Good apartments in and around sunnyvale/santa clara sanjose milpitas and cupertino?

Good doctor for self spouse and kid

Hows bay area life. We are moving from orange county.
    Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

2. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

hi
    welcome. i was in the same boat sometime back .
    SF bay area apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist check for individual houses here. we found one from this site. Also few of indian communites stay at mission west apts, and fair oaks west apts as far i know. Its like little india here in Sunnyvale. You will have lots of Indians all around.

regarding the doc its up to you to choose from your insurance providers. We have opted rekha udupa for our child.

3. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hello,

We have moved to bayarea in june to Cupertino recently. The place we live is very good and have many Indians around. My son finished his 3rd grade in India and will now be going to 4th grade and likes it very much here as he has many friends.

If you need more info, i can guide you through.

vani

4. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hello,
    Welcome to Bay area.We live in San Jose for almost a year now.My son goes to Cupertino School District.
    Bay Area is a great place to live with its nice climate and u do not miss India at all.But this place is expensive for renting or buying a house.
    The docters u choose will depend on the type of Insurance Plan u have and for renting the appartment u can check the Craiglist website as mentioned above.
    Cheers

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Here are my suggestions.

Apartment : Halford Gardens (Santa Clara). We lived there for 6 years almost and moved to our own house last year. It has a park nearby and lots of indians. Lucky and bharat bazaar are just across the street (walkable). If you are planning to put your kid in private school then this is a good choice else cupertino or Fremont are good choices

Insurance : We have been with kaiser permanente for 7 years. Its a one stop place for all the medical needs, good nurses, good doctors, very caring environment. The hospital in santa clara (homestead) is brand new and very well equipped.

-advitha

6. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Thanks to everyone who responded. I moved to Sunnyvale and have taken a condo rental thru craigslist.

I will check Dr. Rekha if her office is covered by my insurance.

I will keep updating this forum if i need any help.

Thanks once again.

~

7. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Sunnvale Doctors

Hi,

I am decided on Dr. Rekha uduppa for baby and either Manul Patwardhan or Jayshree Joshi for my wife.

Any good male doctors in/ around sunnyvale for family/general practice?

Thanks