Moving to Sugar Land(Houston) - Looking for good Middle school and rental home.

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by priyaseeni, May 8, 2015.

1. priyaseeni

priyaseeni New IL'ite

Hi ,

We are moving to Houston (Sugar Land) from California in June 2015.i have two kids Younger one @ elementary and elder one entering Middle school.can some one help/guide me to choose good middle school with more Indian kids and nearby apartments/homes for rent.also,is there any other area that i can look at in addition to Sugar Land (with good Middle school).

Thank you,

Priya.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@priyaseeni Welcome to Houston! Sugarland does have good Middle schools. Some of them are Fort settlement middle school which is zoned to clements highschool and Common wealth Elementry. First Colony middle school zoned to clements as well and Austin Parkway/Colony meadows elementary. I know for Commonwealth they opened the KG registration in early April. I would strongly urge you to call up Fortbend ISD and enquire about there cut off for registration. I hope youre not too late to get in.

Also Katy and Woodlands have good schools and indian community.

3. priyaseeni

priyaseeni New IL'ite

Thank you Chitravivek for the detailed info.I was checking online for apartment nearby to Fort Settlement school and also,tried calling them.I heard from the school that only one apartment is under their zone-Regency@ First Colony.Do you know anything about Sartartia Middle School.Also,is First Colony school as good as Fort Settlement.

appreciate all your help :)

4. Chitravivek

Yes first colony is good. Sartaria should be your last option. Fortsettlement is best. How about rent a house ?

5. priyaseeni

priyaseeni New IL'ite

Sure.We will check either for Fort Settlement or First Colony.
    I was checking on the rental option for nearby homes to Fort setlement,but it seems to be expensive around $3K for a 2 or 3 BHK.Do you know if there are any community which will lease Town homes or row houses or Condominium for lesser rent range around Fort Settlement.Thank you again for all your info and help.This really helped me to narrow down our school option to either Fort Settlement or First Colony middle school.Thanks.

6. Chitravivek

Have you checked river stone apts they are zoned to FSM. Here house rents are high as it's most popular burbs. Sartaria is not too bad it's a recent school in Telfair and quiet popular. You can check it. They do have a new apt there too.

7. priyaseeni

priyaseeni New IL'ite

I did check Retreat@Riverside.Unfortunately for the year 2015-2016,First Colony is zoned to this Riverside and they no more come under FSM.i have Riverside as an option(if we choose First Colony Middle school).I will let you know as soon as we finalize something .once again, i appreciate all you help .Thank you so much.

8. priyaseeni

priyaseeni New IL'ite

Hi Chitravivek,

Hope you are doing well.

My husband is currently in Sugar Land to look for the apartments.We checked with Regency@firstcolony,but they don't have any units available until July for the model were wanted to rent in.

So,he was checking with Retreat@riverside and was happy with the apartment,but our only concern was the middle school.If possible,can i call to discuss about this.
    Since we are new to this area and my only priority is middle school,i wanted to make sure we are making the right decision.i will not trouble you after this :)

thank you

9. Chitravivek

Periya no worries do make one more post I will PM you my number.

10. Chitravivek

Priya. I am unable to PM you. Not sure the reasons. If you can do, try else you can type your questions here and I promise to give answers that I am aware off.