1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Sanjose in May

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by stuti, Apr 20, 2010.

1. stuti

stuti Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and will be soon joining you guys in Sanjose in early may. I have 10 month old daughter. I am from north India. Would appreciate any tips for the things to bring from india. Although I have already gone through number of posts on the same topic. Many of you have suggested to bring mixie from India. I just want to know if I buy magic bullet from US only, will it serve the purpose of wet grinding - chutneys,etc.
    Since I am a punjabi I would not need to grind Dosa batter etc too frequently.
    Waiting for your response.
    Take care
    Stuti

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010

2. abishek

abishek New IL'ite

That was a very genuine question. I don’t think it’s worth bringing an INDIAN mixi when u have a kid and you with the limitation of 23Kg baggage weight on international flights. Some other reasons that i could think about are:

· It’s heavy and you have other important stuffs other than a mixe to carry especially when u have a kid.
    · You are not a frequent user of this device.
    · If you still want to buy the same device u can slowly take ur time and buy it from the INDIAN stores here. You will get the same Indian mixies there (obviously we need to pay in $$)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010