1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving to redmond

Discussion in 'Indians in Seattle' started by Pradeebarath, Dec 14, 2010.

1. anukasi

anukasi New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to Bellevue.Can u ppl suggest me some good apartments around $1400? We had shortlisted Hampton greens. But dunno about its feedback...

2. vigi1112

vigi1112 New IL'ite

Hi
    I am also moving to bellevue in jan2015, pl suggest best apt near microsoft for rent around $1300 to $1400 and gud school for my daughter for 5th gr.

3. Sumani

Sumani Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

We are going to shift to Redmond from Bangalore in Nov as my DH has got a job in Microsoft. It will be really helpful if someone can help with the following. We have 2 kids, 6 yrs old son and 2.5 yrs old daughter.

1. I saw a list of apartments suggested in the beginning of this thread..as it is dated in 2011, can someone confirm if they still hold good?
    2. Cost of living for a family 4, 2 kids. Rent for 2 bhk with basic amenities, schooling, transport, monthly groceries, medical insurance.
    3. Pls suggest some good schools in Redmond/Bellevue area, my hubby will be working in MS office located in One Microsoft Way.
    3. Do we have public transport facilities available like bus, train etc in Redmond or Bellevue? can we walk? I heard there are no pedestrian ways in many cities in US and we have to go by car. so I am asking this..

Any information/suggestions on these will be of great help.. I am really getting anxious and nervous when I think of moving to US with 2 kids..thousands of miles away from our families.. Hope to find some good friends as well.

thanks,
    Sumathi

4. CFASucess

CFASucess Senior IL'ite

Hi Sumathi,

Welcome to Redmond. Apartment rent is between 1700 to 2000$ for 2 bed 2 bath. As for as cost of living concerned, it depends on your life style. We are a family of three. My LO is 6 months old.

For us groceries, comes around 500$ per month. We eat mostly organic foods. Many apartments are well connected with the bus services. So you can explore your options and you can buy a car based on that. You have lots of indian families here. So your kids will love it.

Other Ilities has to throw suggestions on schools. I have no idea.

The pedestrian ways neatly paved.You can walk. So, You can pretty much walk to nearer places.

By the way, I am tamilian, moved from hyderabad 4 years ago.

5. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Is anyone active in the group?
    I stay at avignon townhimes in redmond...
    Am a tamil with 2 kids..

6. gayathri123

gayathri123 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I moved recently to bellevue from india on H4.

7. VinuSaran

VinuSaran New IL'ite

Hi I am in lakes apartment from Tamil Nadu on H4 visa.