MOVING TO PUNE - Need help

Discussion in 'Pune' started by Reksen, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I am also in the similar situation. We are looking to move to Pune in June in another months time. We are moving from Ireland. I know its very short notice for schools, but have to work out with what we got.

To get started, can anyone help me with good places to live in Pune. My DH will be working in Pimpri, the distance to his work is one factor, but more so, the integration of my son back to India.
    Well he has been abroad since birth, speaks only English till now :(. Can follow Tamil to some extent.
    I speak Hindi, Marathi - so for us language is not a concern.

Talking into all this into account, can you ladies help me out with places to start looking to live, schools nearby etc.

2. lakshmi72

lakshmi72 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Happy2013, I am staying in Ajmera, Pimpri. It is a good place. If u want a posh locality u can search to stay in Pimple Saudagar,Mahindras, - all are in Pimpri. There are lots of school around. GGIS, GGI, Podar International school, City international, SNBP. Would suggest not to put your child in state Board. Put him in CBSE/ICSE.

Anything please feel free to contact me.

Lakshmi

3. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Lakshmi for the quick and helpful response.

I posted one reply 5 secs ago and it seems to have vanished. Hence retyping :)

We are not looking for a very posh locality but a decent one, thats all.
    Yes schools we are not looking at state board syllabus.

Can you tell me more on the schools - which one has CBSE International syllabus, and what is the school term starting dates etc

Thanks once again for your help

4. pravin0406

pravin0406 Senior IL'ite

School admissions will be difficult in the last moment. Genereally schools starts in June 2nd week. You can contact the schools near by Pimpri, by phone and check from whom you r getting positive response. Based on that you select your accommodation.

1 person likes this.
  5. pravin0406

pravin0406 Senior IL'ite

Kid can easily manage with english..they will pick-up Hindi very well...But how old is he/she...we are also tamilians...

1 person likes this.
  6. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pravin. Yes I will make a list today and call the schools tomorrow. My son is 5 years old and is in Jr. Infants which is Jr. KG there.

Can you tell me if languages in academic start before 1st standard?

7. pravin0406

pravin0406 Senior IL'ite

Junior kg will be very difficult to get accommodated in good schools in the present situation...give a try...Some schools will ready to take by donations and all..

8. pravin0406

pravin0406 Senior IL'ite

Hindi alphabets and nursery rhyme starts from junior kg only..so he wont have any problem....i didn't post 10 messages in the last 1 month..so i cant do any private messaging...that will b better to discuss more..

1 person likes this.
  9. Happy2013

Happy2013 Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pravin.

Just to understand, if we have to send Private messages, is the requirement 10 posts per month?

10. pravin0406

pravin0406 Senior IL'ite

10 messages not per month...it consider last 1 month u shuld have done 10 messages.....