Moving to pune - Hinjewadi

Discussion in 'Pune' started by sweramsan, Oct 10, 2014.

1. sweramsan

sweramsan New IL'ite

Hi Ppl,

We r moving to pune (Hinjewadi) shortly. Most likely to land near the IT tech park. Please give me pointers on the cost of living; like rentals for a 3BR, education exp, utilities and household exp.

Also please give me a list of good schools in Hinjewadi for 8 year old and 3 year old.

Greatly appreciate your response.

2. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,

Welcome to Pune. As you mentioned you or DH will be working in Hinjewadi, you can choose following areas to stay

1. Megapolis Hinjewadi Phase -3 - Little outer but very close to most of the IT companies. It's just developing so still in lack of amenity and most of the bachelor prefer there to stay. Rent is also low (I guess you should get 3BHK in 12-15 K)

2. Wakad - Around 3 KM from Hinjewadi..developing area but some of the societies are already developed. Good for school ..Most of the good schools are around Wakad. You can try Euro Kid, Akshara, Indira etc. Rent for 3 BHK would be around 15-20K

3- Pimple Saudagar - Developed with many amenities..80% IT people but very expensive. Rent - 15- 25K depends on society ..most of the PS kids goes in waked schools..but there are few good schools in PS as well like Euro Kid, Poddar, Wisdom World (close to PS).

For other expenses, it's on you..I have no idea on school fee but most of them have fee 70-125K/year (I was researching for my 4 year old DD and found this range)

1 person likes this.