Moving to London - Need suggestions about schools and residential areas.

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by vidhyabharath, Nov 5, 2013.

1. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

HI All!

I am the silent viewer of Indusladies. I am moving to London in coming april i.e April 2014.

I want to know which area is best to live in and i want to know where the good schooling available? I have two kids, my son 5yrs old and my daughter is 21 months old right now. Actually my husband right now in london and working in Canary Wharf. Still he is not able to analyse the place, since he is getting different types of feedback and he is so confused, also his work pressure is so high. So, he was not able to do it.

Can any members of indusladies suggest me the good places to live in and around London with good community, safety and good schooling?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vidhyabharath

2. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Ok so rents in London are high...if you are planni g to send them to private school, then you don't have to be in a catchment area as such.
    Suburbs are cheaper then town side. So not sure what your husband wants...ie is he ok with a commute.
    finchley is good as are Camden town , St. John's wood, golders green,Hampstead, any place in north or west London is good.
    South London...surrey etc are very good too. Stay away from east London, brick lane, Braxton etc.
    as for schools like I said private are common for most
    eople to send their kids...you can google the ones closest to where you want to live.
    good luck, London is a great place to live so enjoy it...but dress warmly in winter it gets damp and cold.

1 person likes this.
  3. vidhyabharath

HI Peeks!

Thank you so much for your reply, I was staying in burgesshill west sussex, last year and came back to chennai, just went to london as a sightseeing place nothing much i know about the place. Thanks again for your useful info. Will surely look into that. :)

Cheers
    Vidyabharath

4. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

You can live in barking and ilford. These area are good with lot of indians to mingle with. I was in barking for 4 yrs. Now am in india currently. Schools are also good there. My husband was also working in canary wharf then. Train commute is good from barking. I loved tht place.

1 person likes this.
  5. vidhyabharath

Thank you so much nikkimom, will surely look into that.