Moving to London...Need a place to stay!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by happysmile, Dec 18, 2009.

1. happysmile

happysmile New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,:hiya

Me and my husband are moving to London on the first week of Feb 2010..We both are in IT( Information Technology) and we are looking for a place to stay. Our budget is £500 per month. We are also willing to stay in a shared accomodation. As we both are planning to work, so we would prefer a place in zone 1,2 or 3. Anybody with any information please help us out as we are going there for the first time. As per the sharing accomodation, we would like to share it with an Indian Family. We are non vegetarian. I would appreciate if you could give me some tips about moving to London..like clothes,gooceries and utensil which I should carry from India..And also let me know about some good IT jobs which i could get over there. I have 5 years of exp in IT.

I would also like to make some freinds. So let me know if you would lke to befreind me:)

OK Ladies, hoping to hear from you soon..:)
    Thanks in advance,
    happysmile:)

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Happysmile,

Welcome to IL and London !

Please check www.gumtree.com for accomodation to rent on sharing basis.

Depending on your airline baggage, try to get a pressure cooking for cooking, sweaters and pullovers and any Indian spices that would remind of your mom's cooking.East London has lot of Asian stores where you can shop for Indian groceries.I can't think of anything specific that you may need that is not found in London.As a matter of fact , you get everything here.

Have a nice stay here and please drop a note in case you need any assistance after coming here.Take care.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. happysmile

happysmile New IL'ite

Thank you so much Sabitha.:) I will check on gumtree. I will let you know if I need something once I land in London.

Thanks again,
    Happysmile:)