Moving To Lewisville Texas

Discussion in 'Indians in Texas' started by Jayeth, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Hi,
    This month end we are moving to Lewis ville, Texas. My husband's office is shifting there. anyone suggest me the best place to stay there...in or around lewisville? How s the transportation facilities ? How is the climate there?
    Some people told me that there is a lot of crimes happening there and has pest problems like bed bugs:coldsweat:...Is it ? Any idea where I could stay?

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Lewisville is very close to Coppell or Flower Mound, which is where a lot of Indians live. Are you planning on moving into an apartment or house? kids? Lewisville is really not bad, its cheaper than the surrounding area properties, because the school district is not that great. If you don't have children, you should move there, will cut down travel time for your husband.

Unfortunately, there is no good public transport options in Texas. You will need to buy a car. You can try using Uber, which is an affordable alternative. I can't say much about the bus system...because I literally know no one who has used it (other than the Greyhound - which is not local, and is pretty decent)

The climate - Expect hot as hell. It's like India, but burns you instead of making you sweat too much.

3. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Thanks Bhumi, I have a 2 year old boy and we are planning to take a apartment..

4. BhumiBabe

If you are interested in staying in an apartment, I would also suggest Valley Ranch. It is between Coppell and Las Colinas, so not too far from Lewisville. There's a lot of Indians here and lots of access to Indian food/groceries (Patel Brothers, India Bazaar, etc.) I can't comment on the price of the apartments, but they are old apartments and the area is a prime location for access to Highway, airport, mall, everything.

The library in Valley Ranch is really nice, and you can meet other parents easily.

Jayeth likes this.
  5. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Thats nice Bhumi..i just searched apartments in valleyranch and came across The Lexington...it had gud reviews..

BhumiBabe likes this.
  6. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Welcome to Texas and good luck with your move. Check out this thread for more information about that area.

7. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Bhumi...Where do you stay?

8. BhumiBabe

I grew up in Coppell... I don't live in Texas anymore, but my parents are still living there.

Jayeth likes this.