Moving to KL and need some advice on stay and things to carry

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by NKLBee, Jan 8, 2011.

1. NKLBee

NKLBee New IL'ite

Hi,

We are shortly moving to KL for a year or so on a work assignment. This is our first visit and I was told that our work locations near KL Central.

Which place to the experts here suggest and how much does it cost for a 2 BHK. we are just 2 of us and no kids yet, however we might expect some guests later on. We are OK for unfurnished one and set up the house if it is easier to setup the house quickly.

I also would like to know how is the community out there, I heard lot of indians out there, so thats cool :bonk

We also need some specific advice on what to carry, I heard

I hear most of the groceries we get it there, is there any specific one which my friends suggest. How about grinders and cookers, normally we find it difficult to get these ones in western countries.

Cheers...

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

:)If u can compromise on quality all is available here, also no matter how much u want u cant get everything from india......so i guess come n explore....visit the threads there is lot of info on quite a lot of them.....

As for house fully furnished is a gud option unless u want the baggage of carrying the furniture back home.....if u want ur taste n not too keen on sturdyness then i guess IKEA is a gud option.....rent in KLCC is higher than other areas :)

If u r asking abt the south indian grinders i wont b able to help but as far as normal mixer grinder is concerned those are available here:)

There are lots of indians but no idea on how many r willing to make freinds as u must have noticed the activity on IL itself is pretty low:rant

Carry only basics as all is available here:)

Sonu

3. NKLBee

NKLBee New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the response, can you please help us to know the appx rent for 2 BHK apartment, atleast the range?

Cheers

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

visit the website iproperty.com....they have umpteen options but dont get carried away by the pics posted as they are sometimes misleading n not pertaining to the same property mentioned....

sonu

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Brickfields is the best for you to stay, as it is a Indian Place called ''Little India'' . You can get everything from Rice till Parachute oil upto the spices, Haldirams snacks and almost everything. Ofcourse the quality is a bit lesser than original.

For 1 year or so project stay, the furnished apartments are better and easier for you to move back to India. The prices vary. CHeck in star property website and also mudah.com

No need to carry any specifics. Better carry all basic medicines..

Because medicine is costly here and you may not suit to the category given here.

Grinders, mixies, cookers are all available, but for a bit costlier price.. If your luggage is minimal better bring it from India, also bring spares for Grinder and mixie and pressure cooker gas cuts etc..

everything else can be got here easily..