Moving to Germany from Bangalore- Help Required

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by jyothi201, Apr 11, 2010.

1. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Check out ATM market on kaiserstrasse near the hauptbahnhof and zeeland on munchenstrasse...I find that they usually have widest selection of desi veggies and the turn over is high-so fresh items too (masala and the like). That area is dotted with several smaller shops too. Most of the small desi restaurants are in that area.

I go to a English speaking doctor but will check for peds and see if I can find anyone.

R

2. revjey

revjey New IL'ite

whatznext,

thanks a lot for your info...

-RJ

3. revjey

revjey New IL'ite

thanks for ur info abt grocery shops.. pls do try to find an english speaking ped... thanks in advance...

RJ

4. nivea10184

nivea10184 New IL'ite

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have shifted to Erlangen, and have got a flat also on rent.

I could find many Indian restaurants here , though only one asian store....but I am looking for Indian community here.

Please let me know if there is any such forum in Erlangen.

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

welcome to germany nivea..
    hope u find good frnds and u will njoy here.
    mostly we dont find any spl indian stores here...it will be asian store where we get our indian stuff.
    there are spl indian store but not at all places..

6. jaisaggiin

jaisaggiin New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I have recently moved to dusseldorf from chennai. I would like to join the indian community in Dusseldorf. We have found an apartment in Reeser platz, Dusseldorf. Please let me know if any of you stay near by. Also, I have a 2 year old daughter and am looking for a good pediatrician who speaks english. Pls. let me know if you have some suggestions.

Thank you.

Jayanthi

7. Sanat

Sanat New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am moving/relocating to Germany during mid of August 2012 and planning to get an apartment in Ratingen since our company is located overe there.
    We are a couple with 3.5 year old son and we would like to know Indian community near by places. Still I am in search of an apartment and mostly I prefer to stay near by the area Kaiserswerther Strasse 115 Ratingen-40880 to stay near to office. So it would be a great help if some one help us to find one and also we would like to know and chat with Indians who are still in this area.
    As of now I am in Duisburg on a short business trip and I am flying back tonight and I am not sure whether we can exchnage contact details like mobi num or e-id though this to have a proper communication.

Thank you very much

Sanat

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  8. Sanat

Sanat New IL'ite

Hi,

Since I am in hurry to discuss before I leave tonight, I am sharing the contact details. I am sorry if it is voilating the terms of this site.
    Please contact me on my mobile 015163119006 if you have any suggestions. The mobile is active as long as I am in Germany. So call me before 9 pm today.

Thanks
    Sanat

9. candidaaguiar

candidaaguiar New IL'ite

Hi everyone
    This seems to be quite an old thread but I'm going to try my luck anyway. I've moved to Germany 2 years ago and I have never met anyone from India in germany. I would love to meet someone from India, I miss being able to talk in Hindi and sharing inside jokes.
    I'm a Frau, 28, I'm married. I'm from bombay and I now live in Mönchengladbach. It's quite close to düsseldorf.
    Warm regards,
    Candida Aguiar

10. candidaaguiar

candidaaguiar New IL'ite

Hey Jayanti Have you found an indian community in Düsseldorf? I would be very interested in joining it if you have. Please let me know. I hope you have found a good pediatrician, I know a good one in Mönchengladbach who speaks english. Most doctors do so I'm sure its not been very difficult.