Moving to Edinburgh,Scotland from Mumbai urgent info needed

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by singhs, Jan 18, 2011.

1. singhs

singhs New IL'ite

Hi all

I am new to the forum. We will be moving to Edinburgh in Feb end. My husband will be working at one of the banks in Dundas Street. We will be staying for 2 years. We are looking for places to live which will be close to his office.I would like to know which areas around the city centre are relatively nice ? Are there any specific areas I should avoid? 
What areas have good schools? I have a five and half year old son.

Needed info as to which are good private schools in that area and how tough will it be to get admission mid session.I have also heard that state run schools are also very nice in Edinburgh.If anyone could suggest which is a good state run school to try for in case he does'nt get through a private school it would be a big help!

Many thanks
    Ciao

2. mdass

mdass New IL'ite

Hi singhs

I have just joined the group here and have moved to Edinburgh recently. Used to live in Mumbai earlier. Would be happy to catch up sometime if you are looking for any Indian company. Not sure if I am well versed with the schools here but can put you in touch with some people if you are still looking for a school.

Regards,
    MD