1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Chicago

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sumi, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sumi

sumi New IL'ite

Hi Friends

I am going to move Naperville near chicago from Florida. I am having 4 yr old kid. Here he is studying preschool(Abeka). I want to know abt the good schools near that area. And what is the age limit, if I want to put him in a 1st grade. Pl anyone let me know the details of the schools.

Thankyou

sumi

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi sumi

I heard that there are very few or no pre schools in Tampa, florida. Is that true and even if there are pre schools , they are so costly it seems. How was your experience.
    We are planning to move to florida cos of my husband's project. Can you tell me which place is good in and around Tampa, which is my husband'd work place. I am actually concerned about good and safe neighbourhood, indians around and good preschool for my 3 year old kid.

Please reply as soon as possible
    Thanks in advance

3. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

naperville is a very good area with excellent schools...no.1 in illinois so u shud not have a problem finding a good school. cannot give details because i have not yet started researching schools coz my baby is just 1 yr old!
    regarding age limit: you can put ur child in kindergarten when he is 5 as of september 30th of that year. This is according to Illinois law.