1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Boston area

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by pekay, Apr 20, 2009.

1. pekay

pekay New IL'ite

Hi,

We are considering moving to the Boston area from the west coast. We are looking at places around Boxborough, MA. I have the following questions. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

1) What are the good elementary school (KG to 5th grade) districts/schools nearby?

2) We are mainly looking for a place with good elementary schools, good apartments and sizable Indian community.

3) What are the pros/cons of living in New Hampshire and commuting?

thanks,
    Pushpa

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Pushpa ,

An IL friend of ours lives in Boxborough.. Apar_ram.. I shal just send a PM to her to reply to you.

So about the schools and appartments she would help you.

The Q you asked about NH.. Basically, it depends on which part of MA you are commuting to.
    Certain parts of NH is comparitively less in cost of living as compared to Boston. It also is a tax free state , so ! :)

Hope you get more replies and am sure atleast Aparna will reply to you soon.

Best Luck

3. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,
    Sorry was out of town, just got back, so didnt reply earlier. I live in boxborough. the schools here are excellent. the elementary school is in boxborough, the middle and high school is in acton the neighbouring town which our town shares with. this is the public school. there is a private montessori school in acton. You can commute to NH from boxboro easily depending on which part of NH you have to go.If its southern nh it will be about half hour. norhtern NH takes longer. Please PM me with your phone no. and i can contact you.
    Aparna

4. pekay

pekay New IL'ite

Hi Preethi and Aparna,

Thank you for the replies.

Aparna, unfortunately looks like I don't have PM privilages yet. I would love to talk to you for more information.Is there another way to pass the number.
    Meanwhile I will search the web for Boxborough elementary school contacts and call them.
    Do you know if their kindergarten program is full day or half day.BTW I saw your profile,I am also from coimbatore.

Thanks,
    Pushpa