1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to boston area from texas!!!.......afraid of the weather!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by Tara09, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

Hi ladies in MA:

We are moving from Texas probably next month or so to Boston area!!
    My husband says we may live in Westborough as that is closer to his work.
    After getting used to living in texas for over a decade now I have my fears of moving.

Can someone tell me something about westborough like good apts., possible rents, schools, stores etc.,???

I am already shivering thinking of the harsh winters up north. Is it going to be really bad in winter???........

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Tara,

I stay in Shrewsbury which is very close to Westboro... There are some good apts in Westboro... I have heard tht schools are also good n u have Indian grocery stores, Walmart, Stop&Shop, BJs n everything in and around tht area... Since ur moving during the winter, the rental rates would be a bit low... N yes, the winter is gonna be bad... Be prepared... :) ... M not scaring u ok, m jus asking u to be prepared... :) ... Tc...

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hey Tara, let me know if you find some good apartments in Westborough. My DH and I will be relocating to Westborough in mid-November and I would appreciate it if you let me know of how your house-hunt went.

P.S: Winter is scaring the daylights out of me too...so at least you are not alone!

CJ

4. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

Isn't there anyone in IL living in WESTBOROUGH, MA to help me????

Please tell me some good apartments for renting. How are the rents and maintanance at your place?
    How are the schools, both elementary and middle schools? I mean, please tell me your experience.
    Also, are there good indian grocery stores in westborough? And what about temples?

Please send me the info ASAP.............thanks!

Though this is not urgently needed info but I would also like to know how the housing rates in westborough are?
    Is it too expensive area for buying a house?

Please tell me your personal experiences regd the place.