1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving to Bloomington,IL

Discussion in 'Indians in Bloomington' started by preeya, Feb 6, 2008.

1. preeya

preeya New IL'ite

Hi
    Please reply with any recommendations on doctos,schools,kids activities ....
    Thank you
    pri

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hey

I am in bloomington.:welcome:cheers. Now I am busy, I will give the details later.

Dhivya

3. saritharun

saritharun New IL'ite

Hi,
    We have moved into Bloomington from Bangalore 3 weeks back.Now I am looking for some activities for my 2.4 year old son.He is bored at home as he was going to play home in India.
    Please do reply me with some twice a week, or thrice a week kind of programs.

4. saritharun

saritharun New IL'ite

Preeya,
    Did you get any reply to ur mail?
    If you come to knwo about any fo the kids activities, please do let me know.
    -Saritha

5. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Regarding the school/day care : La petite is good(my friends daughter goes there) http://www.lapetite.com/public/prospect/academy-listing.jsp?_requestid=66526

I don't have any personal experience.

Regarding the Pediatrician: Dr. Sanjay Saxena is the best. He accepts new patient, very kind, friendly, answers to questions patiently.

Also I am attching very very useful/to-be-careful info. Please read & be safe. This happened to a desi. I am hearing lot of things like this thats happening particularly to us.

FYI...

Hi,
    I would like to share one incident that happened to me on Saturday evening. I was a victim of Robbery at a gun point, at the doorsteps of my apartment. Please be cautious and avoid to be alone.
    The incident happened on Saturday evening around 4:00 PM. I was on my way back to home after an outing with my family. I parked my car and my wife went inside the apartment, by the time I was taking my 4 months old kid from the car seat and gave it to my wife. She went inside the apartment with the kid. At this time, I saw two guys heading towards my parking lot. Mean while I went out of my apartment block to visit my friend who is staying in another apartment block of my same building. On the way I saw these two guys and they asked me the way to "VERNON AVE". I told them the way and moved ahead. I Found that these guys entering the main door of my apartment block. Some thing was kicking of in my mind and I called to my home phone from my cell phone. My wife picked up the phone and I told her not to open the door to any one other than me. I was rushing back to my home. I saw these guys standing at the main door of the apartment, I opened the main door and was climbing the stairs of my apartment. Suddenly these guys jumped on me, and one of the guys pulled out a gun and pointed to me . The other guy was holding me, and threatened to give them the cash with me. I told them that I can give you the cash with me. Suddenly the guy who was holding me put his hand to my pockets and took every thing from my pocket. I was having two valets one with some cash, Debit & Credit cards, License and the other valet had my Insurance cards and other stuffs. They put their hand again to the pocket and took away the cell phone from my pocket and then they ran away. I suddenly rushed in to my home and called 911. With in minutes Police came to my home and they have taken the report from me. Now I doubt whether these guys were aiming at my family seeing that I am going outside. Thanks to GOD that I and my family is safe with out any physical injuries.
    Now I am very much concerned about the life security of my family. This is the third incident happening with in Bloomington in two months. Now the question comes in "Whether the employees like us is safe here"? Why this is happening to individuals like us?. So please be cautious.-----

Be Safe. I am a Stay @ Home mom. If u need any friend(& if u r ok) then PM ur number. I will also do the same.

Dsrini

6. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi gals:hiya

y no reply. Think u guys r busy. BTW best OB/GYN is Sharon Weaver Associates of Bromenn regional medical center.

Ok bye.

DSrini

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thats a scary story..

unfortunately.. it happens in black populated places.. I have heard similar incidents in NJ too..

be safe and cautious of the surroundings.. I do really appreciate the timely presence of mind of the husband to call and inform his wife not to open the door..

8. pganesh

pganesh New IL'ite

thanks srini for all the info......abt Dr.Saxena and Lapetite.
    do u goto the tamil sangam get togethers.....i just wanted to meet you and say hello !!
    btw was u'r 2nd one a boy or girl??

9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi PGanesh

Thanks for ur message. My second is also a Sweet Girl. Where r u located???

I am a stay-at-home. Have 2 Girls under 2.

Tell me more about you.

Lets meet some time...

TC.

Dhivya

10. pganesh

pganesh New IL'ite

hi
    I am a stay at home mom now.....we have 2 boys,ages 5 and 2.
    we were at parkway court until recently,where do u guys live?