1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to bay area in California need help

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by Anbuthozhi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Anbuthozhi

Anbuthozhi New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to move to California near bay area. I dont know which area I can move to considering a good school district with normal reasonable rent and with Indian community. And also, I heard that there is no school bus facility for the schools. My son is studying in 1st grade. Can anybody give me tips for it.

Regards

Anbuthozhi

2. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

Where in Bay Area......it's quite big you know. I mean where will your hubby be working? You may want to stay in an area where both good school and work are closeby.

If no idea, then my suggestion would be Fremont,mission school district or Cupertino, just remember most good schools are impacted and it may take you a year or two before you get the school of your choice/ district.

3. Anbuthozhi

Anbuthozhi New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I may be moving near mountain view. But I cant understand as schools are impacted. Can you please tell me what it is? And I came to know that there is no school bus, please tell me how can we pick up and drop off the kid to school?

Anbuthozhi

4. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

Well, one of the first things is you need to learn to drive! In the US that is quite important. Impacted means more students less seats in class. So for example there might be 75 kids applying for a class that has only 40 seats....so 25 students in excess! They excess kids are sent to other not so well rated schools till their "turn" arrives. Please visit websites for mountain view public schools to know more about there current situation, alternatively you can put your child in private school, like I did. Few good private schools are challenger, Stanford.

5. Anbuthozhi

Anbuthozhi New IL'ite

Thank you for your earliest reply. May I know in which area particularly Sunnyvale or Cupertino more Indians are there. So that I can search the seats availability in that particular school district. And also can you please tell me the fees for the private schools.

Anbuthozhi

6. amiable

amiable New IL'ite

Both Sunnyvale and Cupertino are packed with huge Indian population. Talking about schools, Cupertino School district is top rated relatively to Sunnyvale and has a longer waiting list.

7. Anbuthozhi

Anbuthozhi New IL'ite

Thanks for the response. I will ask the schools for the seat available by next week.

Thanks

Anbuthozhi

8. Anbuthozhi

Anbuthozhi New IL'ite

Hi,

Any parents who are in Sunnyvale or San Jose, please tell me the good school, where i can put my kid for first grade. I asked the schools through phone, they are not telling whether school seats are available and till that time they will send the kid to some other school. Any idea about transport to home school (not homeschooling). Will they make arrangement for bus if they had sent the kid to some other school? Anybody knows any informations, please tell me. Need to move by next month.

Thanks

Anbuthozhi

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  9. kalpanaparidas

kalpanaparidas New IL'ite

I am planning to move to California near bay area. I'm new to IL , pls help me which school and good community to live , i have son he is starting junior high
    Regards
    kalpanaparidas

10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kalpana,

Though I do not have high school kids, I am aware that Cupertino is a good school district. If you are open to Fremont and Pleasanton, then those two are good options as well. Have you looked at Schools in Bayarea forum?