1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving To Austin In December

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by Layaa, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Layaa

Layaa New IL'ite

HI ladies
    We are moving to austin by mid dec for visa.inc from singapore. does anyone work in visa inc or any of ur friends pls reply me as i need some infos regarding my daughter schooling, rent apartment etc.. i saw the link given by one of indus ladies friend about Indians community in austin it was very useful but still if any one share their personal experiences would b really really helpful ...
    my questions are:
    1. can we make admission in schools in mid December for 4 yr old (i guess its pre k)
    2. what is the rental procedure to get an apartment
    3. what s the neighborhood nearer to visa office and also with some school
    thanks in advance
    layaa

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Layaa

to answer your questions...

1. Yes, you should be able to make admissions in Dec for your 4yr old in pre-k, if the public school zoned to the community that you will be living has the pre-k option. Also a couple of other factors associated with pre-k admission is income level and English being the secondary language for your kid if she isn't conversant in the language.
    However, admissions in pre-schools i.e. private schools are always an option.

2. Rental procedure for an apartment is leasing method - month-to-month / 6-months / 1-year period.

3. Riata apartments is just 2-mins away from Visa office. Good number of Indians live there. Spicewood springs is a great neigborhood about 10-mins away from Visa office. The schools in Spicewood springs are top-rated hence the apartments and houses are little high priced there :)

Good luck with your more.

Check for more Austin resources here - Austin Resources