Moving to Alkhobar in OCtober

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by Pallavi0202, Sep 21, 2013.

1. smiley29

smiley29 Silver IL'ite

Hi, Glad ro have known u... I have no idea about it,sorry!

2. smiley29

smiley29 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sonia & Sathya, nice to have some friends here! are u all still in Khobar ?

3. Pallavi0202

Pallavi0202 New IL'ite

hi Deepa,
    I really dont like this site its not user friendly ..... i am still struggling to send you a pm .....dont know whats wrong with this site.
    please send me a test mail my email id is pallavi0202@gmail.com

take care
    Pallavi

4. Pallavi0202

Pallavi0202 New IL'ite

i would love a yoga partner ..... i have done yoga before so beggniers yoga would not be a problem.

i have actually found out a gym in the pakistani area if you want i can give you her number.

Regard's,
    Pallavi

5. Ummnayel

Ummnayel New IL'ite

Hi, I am new here in Khobar. I wanted to ask u ladies how do u find parlours here ( in Jeddah they used to have distinct pink boards to recognize them). Also can you suggest a good parlour somewhere near Akrabia ( tamimi market area).
    Thanks

6. anand1790

anand1790 New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Ananda Natarajan, new to this forum, I'm also planning to move to Khobar. I'm Single, Could anyone help me to advise me on places to rent in khobar, preferable to people from India / Tamil Nadu.

7. Nityaraja

Nityaraja New IL'ite

Dear All,
    I am from Chennai and glad to be a member of this site. My husband and I will be moving to Khobar in few months. I would like to clarify a few things.
    1. Is compound living safer/better than apartment? What will be the approximate rent of a single bedroom house in a compound? Is there any specific area where tamilians/south indians live?
    2. What will be the monthly cost of living for two?
    3. What are the entertainment options nearby?
    4. Are there agents available for house hunting?
    5. Are women allowed to go out alone to nearby supermarkets/shops?
    6. Is abaya compulsory in all places? How about head scarf?
    7. Are apartments available with furnishing ( TV, washing machine, furnished kitchen,etc)? Are all kitchen appliances available in nearby malls? Is there anything specific which we would require to carry with us from India?
    Looking forward to your help on this:)
    Cheers,
    Nithya

8. murugesanme

murugesanme New IL'ite

Hi,
    Please find the responses
    1. Is compound living safer/better than apartment? What will be the approximate rent of a single bedroom house in a compound? Is there any specific area where tamilians/south indians live? - Apartment is safer, yearly 20000 SR is minimum for a new building flat in khobar. no specific place in khobar for our community. however I prefer Shamalia.

2. What will be the monthly cost of living for two? apart from rent, you may require 1500 - 2000 SR, but for lavish lifestyle this will be more.
    3. What are the entertainment options nearby? - Shopping, Beach walking
    4. Are there agents available for house hunting? - Available, expatriates dot com is best
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]5. Are women allowed to go out alone to nearby supermarkets/shops?- I see in Shamalia area ladies go out frequently.[/FONT]
    6. Is abaya compulsory in all places? How about head scarf? YES.. no need for head scarf.
    7. Are apartments available with furnishing ( TV, washing machine, furnished kitchen,etc)? - Yes furnished apartments costs 2800 SR Per month. they provide all except kitchen vessels

Are all kitchen appliances available in nearby malls? You can buy from malls/small shops, not an issue

Is there anything specific which we would require to carry with us from India - Food stuffs for managing one or two month and your medicines if any.

let me know if you need more info.

9. Nityaraja

Nityaraja New IL'ite

Thanks a lot murugesanme for the very detailed answers:)