Moving to abudhabi

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by DrUmadevi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. DrUmadevi

DrUmadevi New IL'ite

Dear Friends

I am moving to abudhabi with my family this December 2012 i am new to this part of the world i need some suggestions from you guys please guide me.

1. my take home is 19000 ade is it a good salary?

2. the company provides 6000 ade for house rent is it ok.

3. are there good apartments in hamdan area?

4. very important is my daughter 6years old now studying K.G.2 can i get a seat in kg 2 and continue her study or try for grade -1 in 2013-2014

5. any good cbse schools in hamdan area please suggest.

kindly give us ur advice.

Regards

Dr.Uma.

2. jayarakini

jayarakini Silver IL'ite

AED 19000 is Ok if your DH also works in AD.
    Here House rent is yearly contract and we have to pay 6 months current dated cheque and next 6 months PDC.
    And in Hamdan street area, you may get a 1BH. Kindly check out Latest News, Pictures, Video, Multimedia | Gulf News - The Middle East's News homepage - Properties column.
    Or AbuDhabi Dubizzle website....Or Abudhabiweek magazine website.

Kindly keep a close eye on Abu Dhabi Indian School website. This is Abu Dhabi Indian school website. They issue application form during Dec 2012 and lottery / Admission in Feb 2013 for Std 1.

All the schools are shifted to Musaffah ----long way from Hamdan street. Hamdan st is in the heart of Abu Dhabi city.
    So WELCOME dear. Where you got the job?

3. DrUmadevi

DrUmadevi New IL'ite

Dear Jayarakini

Thank you very much for the reply we are in contact with Indian modern science school near hamdan st. please let me know about the school and i am about to work in al rafa clinic aster hospital in hamdan street.

4. jayarakini

jayarakini Silver IL'ite

Wow. Once i went to Paed. Dr.Mahadev there. He is very kind and good.
    Indian Model Science School is good, but heard that it is going to shift to Musafah by April 2013. All the villa ( Bunglow) schools are given notice to close down or shift to Mus by 2013. My friend shifted his daughter from there to adis.

Kindly check out that dear. It is better to try in ADIS, it is not going to shift and school buses are there. Education is too good and CBSE board.

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi dr. Uma
    Abudhabi is a good place to live with kids. For aed72000 per annum, you can expect a mediocre 2bed room apt. Take home of aed 19, 000 is ok if you are the only earning member but is good if both husband and wife have a similar income.
    There are no good schools in hamdhan, a good cbse school will be ADIS ( Muroor area), st. Joseph ( airport road), our own( I do not know their location.)
    Regards

6. DrUmadevi

DrUmadevi New IL'ite

thank u so much for the advice megalife!

7. seemasuhail

seemasuhail New IL'ite

Hi ,
    Even I am shifting to Khalifa city a as dentist in a clinic there this Dec with my 2 & half year old boy. Kindly guide me with the indian schools near Khalifa city and any day care near by as I am a bit worried about him.... in addition what all shld i get from indian while shifting other than the basic clothings........ kindly guide me.