1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving from Sweden to Hackensack Nj

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by DivyaArunK, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DivyaArunK

DivyaArunK New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I would like to introduce myself as Divya.. I am basically a South Indian and can speak Tamil, Kannada and Hindi.. I am going to relocate to Hackensack NJ from Sweden in the month of November with my husband and a 2.5 year old daughter..
    I am quite nervous and happy as it's going to be a totally new please. I am looking for help in these areas..
    1. Please suggest good apartments (2bhk) with good Indian community around and also day cares in the l

2. seagreen

seagreen Gold IL'ite

I guess you must have moved by now. I have lived in Hackensack and its an okay area, there arent too many schools around in that age group. I would recommend to look at Fairlawn and saddlebrook which has better school ratings and hence more options of daycare.

3. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Hi sea green

My husband is working in weehawken and am moving to NJ in June. Looking for good areas with good elementary school ratings near to weehawken, mostly near Hackensack. Can you please suggest? Thanks

4. priyagaya

priyagaya New IL'ite

Hi,
    The elementary school & middle school rating for Maywood is 8. Saddlebrook & Rochelle Park schools have ratings 5 or 6 better than Hackensack. All these cities Maywood, Rochelle Park and saddle brook are within 2 miles radius from Hackensack.
    Wish you good luck.
    Regards,
    Priya

5. Gayuanand

Gayuanand New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am moved over from Jersey City to Hackensack 6 months ago.. I have 20 months old kid. I need to have an accompany for him and love making friends..